Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

New TV

Now we´re expecting the imminent arrival of the new TV, is it worth buying a new soundbar to get the benefits of Dolby Atmos? Presumably the built in speakers on the TV won´t be up to much, but is it worth upgrading the soundbar too, or just sticking to our existing one which sounds OK with our current TV?

36 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Now we´re expecting the imminent arrival of the new TV, is it worth buying a new soundbar to get the benefits of Dolby Atmos? Presumably the built in speakers on the TV won´t be up to much, but is it worth upgrading the soundbar too, or just sticking to our existing one which sounds OK with our current TV?

Most tvs sound rubbish on their own, I use Sonos soundbar, sub woofer and two speakers for my tv and music but it’s a few years old now. 
If it’s just for tv, maybe see what it sounds like before deciding, although a decent soundbar will always sound better. 
edit- misread, you already have a soundbar, if it’s compatible I would try it out before shelling out for a new one, they’re not that cheap. 

Edited by jgtuk
  • Like 1