Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Barnsley.............

City: Pressman, Makin (trialist), Wilcox ©, Mawene, Heath, Williams, Gillespie, Nalis, Benjamin, Scowcroft, Tiatto.

Subs: Clarke (gk), Logan (gk), O'Grady, Stearman, Powell, Stewart, Dawson, Butcher, Wright.

Isnt it worrying anyone how Benjamin is up front EVERY game? Why is Wright on the bench again. I cant be doing with it, your decisions suck Adams.

Benji played ok

Wright played about the last 20 minutes but I think only got the ball once

O'Grady played down the left and was lively, nearly scored as well

City: Pressman, Makin (trialist), Wilcox ©, Mawene, Heath, Williams, Gillespie, Nalis, Benjamin, Scowcroft, Tiatto.

Subs: Clarke (gk), Logan (gk), O'Grady, Stearman, Powell, Stewart, Dawson, Butcher, Wright.

Isnt it worrying anyone how Benjamin is up front EVERY game? Why is Wright on the bench again. I cant be doing with it, your decisions suck Adams.

Well Tommy wright when he played did nothing and IMO wont do anything this season as he simply aint good enough. I would deffinatly put Trev ahead of him, I'm not normally a fan of Trev but he was lively and had a few good chances today. He hit some good shots which were only denied going in by equally good saves.

Well Tommy wright when he played did nothing and IMO wont do anything this season as he simply aint good enough. I would deffinatly put Trev ahead of him, I'm not normally a fan of Trev but he was lively and had a few good chances today. He hit some good shots which were only denied going in by equally good saves.

Ok, judge him on a 30 minute performance playing alongside Trev :rolleyes: You may imagine Trevor to actually play well but Rotherhamfox's words sounded a bit more like the Trevor i remember seeing play for the last few years.

Benjamin didn't do too bad last time when we were in Div.1... :huh:

Neither did Tommy Wright in the FEW games we played but some people love to make early decisions on someone who started just 2 games for us.

I'm judging Wright on a whole he just aint good enough, thats all there is to it, what has he done to prove he's any good?

All I'm saying is that Trev looked a new man today, slimmer, quicker, sharper and goal hungry. I'm not tyring to make him out to be a great player or anything butt he was the only player today who looked like scoring.

I'm judging Wright on a whole he just aint good enough, thats all there is to it, what has he done to prove he's any good?

Has he had a chance? Even the fans dont give him a chance now. He loves leicester as much as you do, so forget your obsession with putting him down. He has done no wrong for lcfc when he's played. If you're judging him on a season long loan at Brentford that he wasnt happy about in the slightest than thats hiliarious. You didnt even see him play, you hardly ever have.

Dear me.

Has he had a chance? Even the fans dont give him a chance now. He loves leicester as much as you do, so forget your obsession with putting him down. He has done no wrong for lcfc when he's played. If you're judging him on a season long loan at Brentford that he wasnt happy about in the slightest than thats hiliarious. You didnt even see him play, you hardly ever have.

Dear me.

So I have an obsession with putting him down then?

SO I take it you don't have an obsession with our academy lads. I give them the time of day but I can only see out of the current crop other than Sterman being any good.

How can you say I've hardy ver seen him play?

I used to watch the u-19/u17 regualy when me brother was part of the set up and I requally watch the reserves when he was a ball boy. Yes I didn't wact h him a Brentford but the goal record hardly stands out. Stop believing that he'll be something that he wont, he turn out to be a decent div 2 player at best.

I doubt he loves Leicester just as much as I do, just because he supported us as a kid, I know people who support Leicester and never watch them.

Course he does. You think you're the biggest fan ever but you aint. Theres no such thing.

You made a cracking point there, you watched the reserves when he was ball boy, was that used to back up your point in seeing him play? :lol:

Stearman is a great talent but it doesnt suprise me in the slightest that you're suddenly taking a liking to him. Jumping on the bandwagon is a fitting phrase. He got young player of the season and rightly so. But what if say Louis Dodds got player of the season? Because last season he was certainly as good as Stearman, and because of that I rate him equally as big a talent as Stearman. There are other youngsters that can make it, try and believe it. If Trevor Benjamin is good in your eyes you shouldnt have a problem.

Course he does. You think you're the biggest fan ever but you aint. Theres no such thing.

You made a cracking point there, you watched the reserves when he was ball boy, was that used to back up your point in seeing him play?  :lol:

Stearman is a great talent but it doesnt suprise me in the slightest that you're suddenly taking a liking to him. Jumping on the bandwagon is a fitting phrase. He got young player of the season and rightly so. But what if say Louis Dodds got player of the season? Because last season he was certainly as good as Stearman, and because of that I rate him equally as big a talent as Stearman. There are other youngsters that can make it, try and believe it. If Trevor Benjamin is good in your eyes you shouldnt have a problem.

The point I was making was that I watched Tommy in the reserves when my brother was ball boy as he was part of the academy for 2 years till he quit, now he is going to Derby and that shows how poor the LCFC academy is.

I think Sterman is the best player as when I have seen him play he has allways shone. I used to watch his age group play when I went Belvoir drive with me brother, I'd watch Stermans age group cause they used to play on the main pitch.

I dont think Trev is Excellent or anything but he is much more capeble at playing at this level than the likes of Tommy Wright.

I dont think Trev is Excellent or anything but he is much more capeble at playing at this level than the likes of Tommy Wright.

Trev couldnt get in Gillinghams team in division 1 last season when he went on loan there. He's a poor striker, and if we are having him as main backup striker than that says alot about us. It seems no one cares about the future of this club. Trev is out of contract next season thankfully, hopefully we wont renew his contract, but in the meantime he's getting all the chances in the world pre season, which has really shocked me.

I think it would be naive to assume players being given 'chances' in pre-season matches mattered at all towards first team selection. There'll be more of a hint at any kind of first team selection as pre-season nears to a close and at the Pepsi tournament.

I think it would be naive to assume players being given 'chances' in pre-season matches mattered at all towards first team selection. There'll be more of a hint at any kind of first team selection as pre-season nears to a close and at the Pepsi tournament.

Yeah thats true, I think during pre season he just wants to look at different options.

Trev scored 10 goals in the 02/03 season so I'm comfident that if called on next seaosn he would be capeble cover, where as I wouldn't feel the same about Wright.

Yeah thats true, I think during pre season he just wants to look at different options.

Trev scored 10 goals in the 02/03 season so I'm comfident that if called on next seaosn he would be capeble cover, where as I wouldn't feel the same about Wright.

I see your point and agree with it in principle(although I think your judgement on Wright is a tad harsh) but the thing is Wright is still developing as a player whereas Benjamin isn't and for Wright games will breed confidence and will make him into a better player so I would have no qualms about him being called upon next year.

The problem is players have to be given a reasonable run in the team, this is of course difficult and while we were in the prem even more difficult, however now we are in this division then perhaps Wright and even o'grady should get a run of several games.

As to Benji well he just cracks me up so much, he tries like mad then falls over just at the wrong time however he is cover and he does tend to draw defenders to him so hence giving more room to his partner. He ended our last div1 campaign quite well if you remember.

Dear me.

SO I take it you don't have an obsession with our academy lads. I give them the time of day but I can only see out of the current crop other than Sterman being any good.

I used to watch the u-19/u17 regualy when me brother was part of the set up and I requally watch the reserves when he was a ball boy. Yes I didn't wact h him a Brentford but the goal record hardly stands out. Stop believing that he'll be something that he wont, he turn out to be a decent div 2 player at best.

I doubt he loves Leicester just as much as I do, just because he supported us as a kid, I know people who support Leicester and never watch them.

If Tommy Wright supported Leicester as a boy how come on Champ Magaer 4 it says favoured clubs Newcastle?

Dear me.

If Tommy Wright supported Leicester as a boy how come on Champ Magaer 4 it says favoured clubs Newcastle?

I know Tommy Wright is a Leicester fan , i dunno where they got Newcastle from <_<

Archived