Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pafcprogs

Leicester City 1970's programmes (amongst others)

Hi

Pilgrim here in peace....you'll be glad to know w e a re not expecting a huge new manager bounce after Foster departed , mainly because the new managers are the old ones from last time and also because if that was really a thing Brnimgham would be almost promoted by now.

So I have been clearing out my  memorabilia for a while....selling through eBay and a couple of Facebook sites ....need to get rid as a) looking at downsizing as the kids flee the next so they can't come back ( well maybe )and also they will just be skipped if I pop my clubs as wife is desperate t get rid.

In amongst them all a re inexplicably a few seasons of seventies  City programmes which I have just listed on eBay. ID is psleeman and link to one of the auctions is here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256461372118

I also have loads of other clubs, especially Argyle,  so bound to be some City aways in there as well. Some reserves as well.

Happy to have a look at wants lists if there a re any collectors out there and also open to non eBay transactions.

Best of luck for the rest of the season ( well apart from when you come and try to relegate us live on Sky!) and if you have any questions on the programmes my email is [email protected].

The 79/80 programmes from our division 2 winning season, under the great Jock Wallace.

I stopped buying programmes myself about 4 seasons ago, due to lack of space.

I've told my family when I pop off, to find my programmes a good home, and that if they bang them in a skip I will come back and forever haunt them!  :scarf:

• Haha 1

Most old programmes only have sentimental value. Mine went to the charity shop a few years ago but I kept the special ones.... 

The match on the day I was born. 

The first match I ever went to. 

The last match at Filbert Street. 

First league match on Filbert Way. 

All the Wembley matches I went to. 

May 7th 2016, obviously. 

FA Cup final 2021 (although I wasn't able to be there). 

The match that my son was a mascot. 

I'll always keep those. 

• Like 2

Worth reading 22 programmes by the late Dave Roberts. 

Emigrated and had to choose the programmes he  took with him....told by his partner he could have a box, it turned out to be a small Tupperware style container and 22 programmes were all he could get in.

Tells the story of each one....suprisingly high amount of Argyle content ( which I didn't know when I read it...)

Emotional and sets a standard for how to dispose of the man of stuff we accumulate.

I am getting more enjoyment fromm going through stuff to sell than all the years I had it sat on shelves or in boxes. 

Anyone else now also scared by the number of players dying who were boyhood favourites or rivals?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pafcprogs said:

Worth reading 22 programmes by the late Dave Roberts. 

Emigrated and had to choose the programmes he  took with him....told by his partner he could have a box, it turned out to be a small Tupperware style container and 22 programmes were all he could get in.

Tells the story of each one....suprisingly high amount of Argyle content ( which I didn't know when I read it...)

Emotional and sets a standard for how to dispose of the man of stuff we accumulate.

I am getting more enjoyment fromm going through stuff to sell than all the years I had it sat on shelves or in boxes. 

Anyone else now also scared by the number of players dying who were boyhood favourites or rivals?

A pedant writes: it’s 32 Programmes. But well worth reading.

On 02/04/2024 at 17:09, smudger63 said:

The 79/80 programmes from our division 2 winning season, under the great Jock Wallace.

I stopped buying programmes myself about 4 seasons ago, due to lack of space.

I've told my family when I pop off, to find my programmes a good home, and that if they bang them in a skip I will come back and forever haunt them!  :scarf:

i stopped buying  home n away regular  in march 1980 the same month id just started boozing b4 games emmmm and a month after id got drunk for 1st time ,  started again just away in august 1980 and slowly stopped again , but kept the liverpool away one jan 31 1981 , its now with nephew with all his aways inc man city 2016 . 2 unreal games,   thanks for post smudger. they all hold memories  :schmike:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is giving away any old programs I will take all of them off of you. 
mused to collect these as a kid I had hundreds of all types FA cup final etc , then one day my partner at the time got the hump & threw them out ( I nearly cried ) been trying to collect ever since that day in the 90s . So yeh please message me 

Thanks 

Maff