Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

"crosses into the box"

Im gaining more and more respect for craig levein, when he admits hes done wrong. It is a rare, RARE occassion in the life of a professional football manager.

In the latest video interview concerning stokes 2nd and 3rd goal fiasco, he says "i did feel we lost 2 very soft goals, erm, its bread and butter, crosses into the box from deep, should never result in goals, erm, and we lost 2 goals because of that, so yes we`ll do something about that on saturday".

Meaning, dublin was at fault, craigs admitted he made a mistake in picking him and he will be dropped, top man!

Im gaining more and more respect for craig levein, when he admits hes done wrong. It is a rare, RARE occassion in the life of a professional football manager.

In the latest video interview concerning stokes 2nd and 3rd goal fiasco, he says "i did feel we lost 2 very soft goals, erm, its bread and butter, crosses into the box from deep, should never result in goals, erm, and we lost 2 goals because of that, so yes we`ll do something about that on saturday".

Meaning, dublin was at fault, craigs admitted he made a mistake in picking him and he will be dropped, top man!

That might be what he said but it doesn't mean he hasn't made another mistake. I hope he's not.

But Dion has generally done okay as a defender this season - not faultless but certainly pretty strong.

Personally I'd rather prevent crosses coming in than have to guarantee my centre-backs have to cope with accomplished headers of the ball in our penalty box.

Dublin is not the only one this season who has had difficulty with Stoke's aerial power up front and I hope he's not over-reacted in dropping Dublin.

Truth is you have rather more faith in Nils than I do but no matter, he's back in his best position and I hope he justifies your confidence.

That might be what he said but it doesn't mean he hasn't made another mistake. I hope he's not.

But Dion has generally done okay as a defender this season - not faultless but certainly pretty strong.

Personally I'd rather prevent crosses coming in than have to guarantee my centre-backs have to cope with accomplished headers of the ball in our penalty box.

Dublin is not the only one this season who has had difficulty with Stoke's aerial power up front and I hope he's not over-reacted in dropping Dublin.

Truth is you have rather more faith in Nils than I do but no matter, he's back in his best position and I hope he justifies your confidence.

Your right but to be honest Dublin has been poor recently not only at the back but upfront aswell. His miss at Watford was unexcusable given the fact that he's come on as sub and you have to take your chances, Levein and the fans would have been counting on Dublin's experience to put the ball in the net given the situation.

He also had a few golden opportunities at Bolton but didn't put them away, granted the goalie made a fantastic save in extra-time but you still need to make an impression when your on the fringes of the team and if you don't then your going to be dropped.

At Stoke he was awful, he did a decent job the majority of the time but with Dublin you always feel he'll basic the most basic of errors at some point that will cost you dear, he did it at Watford earlier this season but luckily Kisnorbo bailed him out a few minutes later and he's done it a few other times aswell. He was lucky not to be penalised for a penalty last friday and then his failure to clear the header against Sidibe resulted in a goal.

It's time he was given the boot, at his age he needs to be on top of his game otherwise there isn't any point in keeping him.

So would we all Thrach, but once the ball has come in (and thats exactly the point craig was talking about), the ball has to be dealt with, and craig thought dubs was our best defender, but he not only couldnt head them, but he didnt even attempt to.

Johanson and macarthy are what you call the walsh and taggs of this world. How many people have been clamering for players of that ability, loads.

Ric aludes to the theory i was thinking, that craigs "using up" dubs last days to free up our younger players getting an injury, and also hope that his experience would rubb off, it hasnt worked, and i think craigs now realised that. Some of the clapping and hand gestures are embarrassing. de lumps started doing it now :rolleyes:

Dubs was good, hes not good now, the slip v blackpool in the fa cup, and watford away this season, they are crucial moments in a game.

So would we all Thrach, but once the ball has come in (and thats exactly the point craig was talking about), the ball has to be dealt with, and craig thought dubs was our best defender, but he not only couldnt head them, but he didnt even attempt to.

Johanson and macarthy are what you call the walsh and taggs of this world. How many people have been clamering for players of that ability, loads.

Ric aludes to the theory i was thinking, that craigs "using up" dubs last days to free up our younger players getting an injury, and also hope that his experience would rubb off, it hasnt worked, and i think craigs now realised that. Some of the clapping and hand gestures are embarrassing. de lumps started doing it now :rolleyes:

Dubs was good, hes not good now, the slip v blackpool in the fa cup, and watford away this season, they are crucial moments in a game.

Dublin made a very good last ditch goal line clearance at Watford too though.

His best days are behind him but having Dion Dublin in our squad is a benefit to the club imo. Young players look up to him, he's seen it all and when we come to sign players I think they see the name Dion Dublin and they want to work alongside him. He's repected throughout the game as a brilliant professional and I would like to think we could hold onto him in some capacity next season (off the field).

Dublin made a very good last ditch goal line clearance at Watford too though.

His best days are behind him but having Dion Dublin in our squad is a benefit to the club imo. Young players look up to him, he's seen it all and when we come to sign players I think they see the name Dion Dublin and they want to work alongside him. He's repected throughout the game as a brilliant professional and I would like to think we could hold onto him in some capacity next season (off the field).

Or get Walshie back in some capacity.....Should never have been allowed to leave this club....

Agreed.

Too right!!!

Well, we did have some difficulties today. No one knows what things would have been like if Dion had been playing.

In any case, Sheehan was a bit unlucky (don't feel too bad about it, Alan!) <_<

Archived