Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The more I think of the horror show of managers we’ve had recently, the more I think we actually should have considered sticking with Ruud.  He’s the only person that’s actively come in and made any real attempt to plug the gaps in our culture. Had he stayed for that summer, we very likely would have seen an exodus of the right people and who knows how he would have got on. 
 

I didn’t rate him as a manager, but we needed a swamp draining and he might have just got us there a lot faster. I feel like if we had to replace him mid season, we’d have been in a far better situation than we ended up… because every new man had to give the same people a second chance… rather than us just washing our hands with them from the hop. Not to mention that he may have continued with the youth development he started at the end of the season

 

(worth acknowledging I would have been criticizing the club for actually doing this… but power of hindsight) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1
Posted

Rowett I bet initially thought he could keep us up but quickly realised that he wouldn't be able to due to the morons in our team. Then checked out knowing he'll still get a decent salary and didn't care. You could tell from his team selections and interviews, he wasn't bothered very quickly 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

The more I think of the horror show of managers we’ve had recently, the more I think we actually should have considered sticking with Ruud.  He’s the only person that’s actively come in and made any real attempt to plug the gaps in our culture. Had he stayed for that summer, we very likely would have seen an exodus of the right people and who knows how he would have got on. 
 

I didn’t rate him as a manager, but we needed a swamp draining and he might have just got us there a lot faster. I feel like if we had to replace him mid season, we’d have been in a far better situation than we ended up… because every new man had to give the same people a second chance… rather than us just washing our hands with them from the hop. Not to mention that he may have continued with the youth development he started at the end of the season

 

(worth acknowledging I would have been criticizing the club for actually doing this… but power of hindsight) 

We will never know, but you just couldn't keep a manager with such a horrific record before. It was the next pick after that we needed to get right and we didn't. You're right, we should have shift all the bad eggs in that relegation, but we had a spinless, incompetent DoF who couldn't. McCarron this season is doing his dirty work for him. 

 

That relegation should have been the second chance for change. To get McCarron in then or someone like that. Yes, we may not have gone up, but we'd probably be in a solid place in the championship. But Rudders is a fraud, he was the problem and still is. 

 

If your DoF is a fraud then people like Rowett will recognise it and take full advantage and he did. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...