Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claymore

Get off Leveins back.

Why should we, the Leicester paying public, "get off Levein's back"? He has

brought the situation mainly upon himself and I for one was never really at ease

with this appointment. His track record in English football was nil. His ability to

sign English players is about the same and here we are 15 months on and no

further forward than the dire position Micky Adams left us in.

What are the club's Board ambitions? Are they happy to have mid-table mediocrity,

although a mid-table position at present would be nice, or is this part of a grand plan

to play Nottingham Forest again in an East Midlands derby?!!

It's time the Board woke up, made some tough decisions SOONER rather than later.

David Hankey

The undisputable fact is results have been crap this season, and we are in a worse position now (table wise) than we were when MA left. Having a long term plan is good, but we don't want to be doing worse in the short term either.

15th place last season I could handle with CL building for the future with a team that should only be getting better. However, we are now just 4 points off the drop zone and that isn't acceptable. No use in having a 3 year plan if we get relegated after 1 and have to sell of those potentially good players anyway.

CL set himself the modest task at the start of the season of simply improving on last year. Don't think anyone can deny that that isn't happening. He's been in charge for 14 months and in that time we have been sliding lower and lower down the league.

I'm glad that he's bought young players and we have a much better looking team now than we did when MA left, but that doesn't change the fact that we need results NOW. No use in giving him the 3 years he says it will take when it's obvious after 1 year that we're not moving forward at all.

Agree with everything you say here Graz. Except Craig Levein has not produced a team anywhere near the standard of Micky Adams sides. That fact may not go own well with some on this Board but the last 14 months testify to that fact.

All this cobblers about reducing wage bills and lowering the average age of the squad are miniscule achievements. Since the collapse of the TV deal every Championship club has been faced with that problem. Furthermore, as far as I am concerned, because of the Administration Adams had a much harder financial crisis to deal with. Hence the short term FREE TRANSFER older player strategy he adopted. He thought the best way back to the Premiership was to try and get one last ounce out of experiencd players.

I actually like most of the players Levein has bought in thats not my gripe with him. My gripe is, him playing his favourites. His questionable substitutions. His endless messing around with team formations/tactics. His playing players out of position. His defensive out look on things a lot of the time. His apparent inability to motivate a team properly.. and all this adds up to te biggest problem. His inabaility to guarantee a decent points total for the season. I can understand what he says when he wants his tam to gel together but at the same time he has had a little while now and he is taking us in the wrong direction as far as our position in the league is concerned and it's looking as though we could be going down the plughole into league 1...

Why should we, the Leicester paying public, "get off Levein's back"? He has

brought the situation mainly upon himself and I for one was never really at ease

with this appointment. His track record in English football was nil. His ability to

sign English players is about the same and here we are 15 months on and no

further forward than the dire position Micky Adams left us in.

What are the club's Board ambitions? Are they happy to have mid-table mediocrity,

although a mid-table position at present would be nice, or is this part of a grand plan

to play Nottingham Forest again in an East Midlands derby?!!

It's time the Board woke up, made some tough decisions SOONER rather than later.

David Hankey

he might be new but hes right! we have the right to get on his back if he isnt performing and lets face it! he isnt!

Including match ticket, travel, parking, food, drink etc, I spent in excess of £35 last night, to freeze my proverbials off, in the vain hope of supporting my team to a much needed victory. How wrong can a girl be?

I'm at the point of drawing the line. My instincts are screaming that we will not improve, and something has to change, and the only thing stopping me from joining in with the muppet who started (on his own) chanting "Levein Out" was the thought that there is noone out there who will save us.

Are you aware of the nonsense you posted earlier? For the benefit of other members I will assume you are not. Brace yourself for a thrashing. And take it like a whimp.

You state that we all welcomed Levein's appointment and that 15 months on we all seem to have forgotten that. Well, some of us might have and some of us might not have, but that is beside the point. Fans may feel a duty to be loyal to the club but they are certainly under no obligation to be loyal to managers or players (particularly if they are under-performing). Our love of LCFC maybe unconditional but our respect for its employees certainly isn't.

You then go on to congratulate Levein on getting the wage bill down. Three points here. Firstly the wage bill is determined by the board and its advisors and not the first team coach. Secondly, the greatest cuts in wage expenditure took place during the Adams era partly through transfers and partly through natural wastage. Thirdly, our low wage policy is indicative of the clubs lack of progress both on and off the field and is hardly something to celebrate.

Like all Levein brown-nosers you can't resist the temptation to bang on about getting the average age of the squad down. And like all Levein brown-nosers you confuse youth with ability. If the club was offered the services tomorrow of Carlos, Figo or Zidane would you snub them and opt instead for the contents of our youth academy? Well? (just for the record the average age of a World Cup winning side is just under 29 years of age).

Now come the excuses. You state that Coppell and Warnock (C&W)are blazing a trail to the Premiership only because they have ridden a rather lengthy learning curve and Levein should be afforded the same opportunity. I seem to recall a certain loquacious Ulster man getting us promotion in his first season (with a few new signings who gelled together remarkably quickly).

I also recall another man who did a similar thing except he had a whole 3 games in charge (or was it 4?) before the promotion season. He also had the guts of his team ripped out ahead of the campaign and he wasn't alowed to make any signings during the season. His automatic promotion winning side broke all kinds of records for points gained, goals conceded, away wins etc. And do you know what? There were at least three teams in the division. better than that side (Pompey, F****t and the Blades). Can't remember the chaps name Claymore - perhaps you could enlighten me?

Maybe I am being a bit hard on Levein. After all it takes a real genuis to win promotion when the odds are stacked against you. But it is worth remembering that we did bring him in precisely for that reason. It is also worth remembering that he inherited a far better squad than the last promo winning side.

OK so we let Levein do another apprencticeship. Lets move the goal posts one more time. Slight problem here. C&W's sides have usually been there or thereabouts as they say - not propping up the division. And they certainly wouldn't be in the jobs they are in if RELEGATION TO THE THIRD LEAGUE was the dip in their learning curves.

Claymore me ol' fruit. Football is about winning, promotions and trophies. It is about results and statistics. I am sorry but success is not based on opinions about age, tactics and learning curves and unconditional loyalties to failing coaches and players.

You are under no obligation to worship the ground that Levein walks on.

OK so we let Levein do another apprencticeship. Lets move the goal posts one more time. Slight problem here. C&W's sides have usually been there or thereabouts as they say - not propping up the division. And they certainly wouldn't be in the jobs they are in if RELEGATION TO THE THIRD LEAGUE was the dip in their learning curves.

Coppell took Brighton down during our last promotion season. And I'm pretty certain Warnock's also had a few relegations during his time.

Wherever we may go after Leveinio departs, it certainly won't be down the M69 to ask for Micky to come back!

He's moved on, and so have we.

Archived