Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mr potatohead

4-5-1

Levein said before the game it was 4-3-3 :ermm:

It was probably that 4-5-1 then 4-3-3 with attack but it didnt work until we reverted to 4-4-2 and bought Hammond on today (whom I thought was fantastic). Lawrenson commentated a few minutes after we had kicked off that we were lining up like a 4-5-1 than a 4-3-3.

Good decision to take off Hamill as he was quite poor although you could see the effort was there.. he needs some work.. =/

To be fair, we didn't do much until Levein changed it. So 4-5-1 was wrong.

We still had the initiative in the opening 15 minutes and looked threatening throughout. No doubt it worked better when we went 4-4-2, but the 4-5-1 wasn't awful... We need a better winger than Hammill though to be able to play a good 4-5-1

Excuse me nothing Blue Fox , I am ecstatic that we won , but Levein chose 4-5-1 at Home in the FA cup !!. He would still be playing it now if circumstances i.e. we were 2-0 down had not forced him to change.That mans a NUMPTY.

Numpty?? We were 1-0 down when it was changed... who's the numpty now?

I was disapointed to see the 4-5-1 formation, but, after being at the match and watching the full playback I think it actually benefited us greatly on this occassion.

With the midfield packed out it stopped Spurs playing their passing game, allowed our midfield to get into gear and seemed to settle the team down quite a lot. The move to the 4-4-2 then had a real effect as Spurs just didn't seem to be able to get to grips with things.

IMO, the fact that the midfield (and Stearman) got forward a lot to support the attack was one of the key ingredients to our success tonight.

Excuse me nothing Blue Fox , I am ecstatic that we won , but Levein chose 4-5-1 at Home in the FA cup !!. He would still be playing it now if circumstances i.e. we were 2-0 down had not forced him to change.That mans a NUMPTY.

Yeah, but i like how he knew that the formation was wrong so he changed it. He saw that it wasn't working so you must give him credit for what he did... :cool:

Archived