Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Depressed!

I paid my money and had to sit through that disgraceful performance today so im gonna have my two pennies worth on this site. What everyone who travelled up to sheffield today, had to watch was nothing short of woeful. Ok for the first 10 minutes or so we looked ok and dangerous with stearman getting a cracking goal but where did we go from then? Backwards! The only moment of attack I remember after that was Elvis' effort that Weaver did well to save and that was it for the first half. We just seemed to sit back and let a very very poor sheffield wednesday team come at us and put balls into the box. It seemed only a matter of time before they equalised and would go onto win it.

And so onto their first goal. Yes it was a good strike but from where i was sitting, it was one of the worst bits of defending i have ever seen. Actually, I dont think you can call it defending because you have to have defenders around to do that. Where was everyone? Brunt had practically a free run at goal and you could see he was gonna score. Take nothing away from the lad, he hit it beautifully but he should not have been allowed that run and shot.

Cant really remember much of the second goal so cant comment much on that.

The second half then:

We were the only team in it and yet didnt seem to have any shots apart from what looked like a sitter for de vries. The same clueless ball was being played into the box with no success. Everyone could see it wasnt working but they continuted the same diagonal ball into the box from maybury over and over again. It was so boring and predictable that it never caused the defence any problems. De Vries was marked out of the game and so Elvis would have been a more sensible route to take but we still lumped it forward to the big man hoping he could cope. He had no chance against two defenders! The whole second half was just boring. We could still be playing now and we wouldnt have created a decent chance.

The players:

I cant think of anyone who performed well. Rab and McCarthy did ok and what is expected of them so no problems with them. Hughes tried hard but no end product. Elvis ran his socks off with no service. Kisnorbo and Hamill - what can only be described as abysmal. They make Junior Lewis look like Pele at times. In my opinion, Kisnorbo is not a footballer and isnt fit to clean the shirt let alone wear it. His passing was shocking and his tackleing was non-existant. How he starts every game is beyond me, let alone how was he captain a couple of weeks ago? He's not an inspiration to anyone! And Hamill.....I was prepared to give him a chance but time after time his crosses did not beat the first man! Also the same with Williams corners. What do these guys work on in training every day???

The manager:

What was he thinking in keeping Kisnorbo on for the entire game? The decision astounds me. He was appalling and Sheffield Wednesdays best player! He should have been brought off at half time. But to bring Elvis off for Hume was incredible. We all know that Elvis can operate as an effective winger (something Hamill hasnt done for us) so why not take off the ineffective Hamill, drop Elvis into midfield and put Hume up front. That would give us more options in attack and the ability to try new methods. On coach one on the way back, we had the video of the spurs game going and at the end they commented how Leveins substitution had won the game for us so why cant he be brave and make a change in every game that goes like that? Fryatt looked fit and sharp in the warm up and even when he came on, there was no sign of any hamstring problem. Im really believeing that his time is up. In the relegation zone in the second tier of english football is unacceptable. Do we have to actually be relegated before people sit up and take note that we're on the decline under Levein??

In summary:

2 points in 9 games i think it is now. Thats WORSE than relegation form in this division. Its an outrage that we cant beat teams like Millwall and Crewe at home and at least get a point off of a very poor sheffield wednesday team. Time and time again we can dominate in possession and not win. Something has to be done about this. Ive been a Leicester fan since I was 7 so thats 12 years now. Ive seen highs (promotion, cup wins, the spurs and charlton games) and ive seen the lows, (three relegations, the wycombe game) but ive never felt as bad as I did after todays game. This is the lowest ive ever felt after a game and I dont like it. I sent a text to my mate after the game and it simply read: "No Pride, No passion, no belief, no soul. We're a club in free fall." I hope to god that we beat Cardiff on saturday because at the moment, I cant see us pulling out of this relegation zone.

The worst thing is that no matter what, we will still turn up next week full of hope and optimism hoping that this will be the game that will bring us three points and pull us out of the battle a bit more. I'll be there at Cardiff, singing away and will probably be at the away games more often than not too but with performances like today, I'll be more tempted to stay at home.

I paid my money and had to sit through that disgraceful performance today so im gonna have my two pennies worth on this site. What everyone who travelled up to sheffield today, had to watch was nothing short of woeful. Ok for the first 10 minutes or so we looked ok and dangerous with stearman getting a cracking goal but where did we go from then? Backwards! The only moment of attack I remember after that was Elvis' effort that Weaver did well to save and that was it for the first half. We just seemed to sit back and let a very very poor sheffield wednesday team come at us and put balls into the box. It seemed only a matter of time before they equalised and would go onto win it.

And so onto their first goal. Yes it was a good strike but from where i was sitting, it was one of the worst bits of defending i have ever seen. Actually, I dont think you can call it defending because you have to have defenders around to do that. Where was everyone? Brunt had practically a free run at goal and you could see he was gonna score. Take nothing away from the lad, he hit it beautifully but he should not have been allowed that run and shot.

The second half then:

We were the only team in it and yet didnt seem to have any shots apart from what looked like a sitter for de vries. The same clueless ball was being played into the box with no success. Everyone could see it wasnt working but they continuted the same diagonal ball into the box from maybury over and over again. It was so boring and predictable that it never caused the defence any problems. De Vries was marked out of the game and so Elvis would have been a more sensible route to take but we still lumped it forward to the big man hoping he could cope. He had no chance against two defenders! The whole second half was just boring. We could still be playing now and we wouldnt have created a decent chance.

The players:

I cant think of anyone who performed well. Rab and McCarthy did ok and what is expected of them so no problems with them. Hughes tried hard but no end product. Elvis ran his socks off with no service. Kisnorbo and Hamill - what can only be described as abysmal. They make Junior Lewis look like Pele at times. In my opinion, Kisnorbo is not a footballer and isnt fit to clean the shirt let alone wear it. His passing was shocking and his tackleing was non-existant. How he starts every game is beyond me, let alone how was he captain a couple of weeks ago? He's not an inspiration to anyone! And Hamill.....I was prepared to give him a chance but time after time his crosses did not beat the first man! Also the same with Williams corners. What do these guys work on in training every day???

The manager:

What was he thinking in keeping Kisnorbo on for the entire game? The decision astounds me. He was appalling and Sheffield Wednesdays best player! He should have been brought off at half time. But to bring Elvis off for Hume was incredible. We all know that Elvis can operate as an effective winger (something Hamill hasnt done for us) so why not take off the ineffective Hamill, drop Elvis into midfield and put Hume up front. That would give us more options in attack and the ability to try new methods. On coach one on the way back, we had the video of the spurs game going and at the end they commented how Leveins substitution had won the game for us so why cant he be brave and make a change in every game that goes like that? Fryatt looked fit and sharp in the warm up and even when he came on, there was no sign of any hamstring problem. Im really believeing that his time is up. In the relegation zone in the second tier of english football is unacceptable. Do we have to actually be relegated before people sit up and take note that we're on the decline under Levein??

In summary:

2 points in 9 games i think it is now. Thats WORSE than relegation form in this division. Its an outrage that we cant beat teams like Millwall and Crewe at home and at least get a point off of a very poor sheffield wednesday team. Time and time again we can dominate in possession and not win. Something has to be done about this. Ive been a Leicester fan since I was 7 so thats 12 years now. Ive seen highs (promotion, cup wins, the spurs and charlton games) and ive seen the lows, (three relegations, the wycombe game) but ive never felt as bad as I did after todays game. This is the lowest ive ever felt after a game and I dont like it. I sent a text to my mate after the game and it simply read: "No Pride, No passion, no belief, no soul. We're a club in free fall." I hope to god that we beat Cardiff on saturday because at the moment, I cant see us pulling out of this relegation zone.

That sums up our situation.

Levein is too defensively minded, he has favourites, he doesn't seem to be able to adjust to English football.

He must realise that he has failed, and that if he doesn't leave soon, not even a team in Scotland will want him.

Away games are really startin to piss me off i say i'm not going but i always end up going, our support was great at times, and yet the players don't even applaud us after the final whistle absolutely shocking. And i don't care how fit Fryatt was he would have been better than de vries anyday, Hammill i din't wish to comment on and how is kisnorbo a footballer? After the excellant display last week we have let ourselves down yet again :mad::mad:

Away games are really startin to piss me off i say i'm not going but i always end up going, our support was great at times, and yet the players don't even applaud us after the final whistle absolutely shocking. And i don't care how fit Fryatt was he would have been better than de vries anyday, Hammill i din't wish to comment on and how is kisnorbo a footballer? After the excellant display last week we have let ourselves down yet again :mad::mad:

I did note that no one came accross to the fans at the end and that pissed me off a bit as well. We'd paid quite a bit of money to go and see that match and so they could at least appreciate the effort that we put in. Martin O'Neil came accross at the final whistle of a 4-0 defeat up at hillsbrough.... Levein was no where to be seen.

he has his favourites, and thats just irritating! why cant he just swallow his fu cking scottish pride and realise that some of them are utter shite and shouldnt be anywhere near the bench let alone on the pitch, (hamill and kisnorbo)!

after we scored i was thinkin oh yes sunday might actually have done something we can do this, but my hopes were soon trashed! i agree with syston saying this is the worst he has felt, i myself havent felt so down either, i think its because today was possible our most crucial game and we once again fu cked it up.

he had other options why couldnt he have played one of the academy players, i am sure they would of played 100 times better than hamill and kisnorbo they aint up for it and i certainly dont wanna watch them play, but the trouble is because i go to all the games i have to watch them! CL must realise they aint good enough?

one thing that really ticked me off about CL today not only his bad sub decisions but the fact he clapped the players fair enough he needs to give them incouragement, but they didnt deserve it. we lack so much!

on sunday we had passion and 100% effort from everyone on the pitch but today was shockin, how can we go from beating 4th in prem to loosing to a complete shite team??? baffles me completely!

he has to bring in another midfielder aswell, coz when we lose players to suspension and injury we CANNOT play hamill and kisnorbo end of! :mad:

I made a similar point here! If they felt they'd done themselves proud they would've come over to us but none of them did themselves proud and they knew it. Stearman and McCarthy would be the only two players who started the game that I would've applauded. Even McCarthy wasn't as good as normal.

I made a similar point here! If they felt they'd done themselves proud they would've come over to us but none of them did themselves proud and they knew it. Stearman and McCarthy would be the only two players who started the game that I would've applauded. Even McCarthy wasn't as good as normal.

Yep fair point, I also think many of them would have got a load of abuse had they gone to the Leicester supporters to clap them (whether they deserved it or not).

Yep fair point, I also think many of them would have got a load of abuse had they gone to the Leicester supporters to clap them (whether they deserved it or not).

I dont think they would. Generally from what ive seen, if they come over and respond to our efforts, we'll look more favourably on them. Joey always runs over no matter what the result and we love and respect him because of it. No matter how pissed off and depressed i was, if they had come over and appluaded us, i probably would have applauded them back (except Kisnorbo who knows where he can shove it)

I dont think they would. Generally from what ive seen, if they come over and respond to our efforts, we'll look more favourably on them. Joey always runs over no matter what the result and we love and respect him because of it. No matter how pissed off and depressed i was, if they had come over and appluaded us, i probably would have applauded them back (except Kisnorbo who knows where he can shove it)

The thing is though Gudjonsson knows that after the match he has done his best and he knows the fans will have realised it too. Joey claps every game because he puts 100% in to most games.

Not one player came down our end after the game today to applaud the fans. Thought they were terricfic today. Think the players were to embarresed to show their faces. Disgusted!!!!

For a minute then I thought you meant the players were terrific!! :)

The group of lads next to me at the back of the stand never stopped singing all game. Fair play to 'em. They also tried to start the Fryatt song that was suggested on here but another Fryatt song was started too.

Not one player came down our end after the game today to applaud the fans. Thought they were terricfic today. Think the players were to embarresed to show their faces. Disgusted!!!!

I would be really diaspointed if i went it's not a far journey for most fans but its still not the point, our fans have travelled to support the team and no one got a 10 second applaud at the end of the game to be thanked by this. I would write a letter to the club and ask why they couldn't do this simple task.

The second half then:

The players:

The manager:

In summary:

the over zealous stewarding of steward number 451 was the only high point of the day for me.

"if you keep swearing i'll throw you out"

cobbo: "i'm not the only one swearing"

"aye, but i'm talking to thee"

cue muttering around us that if you ****ing well swear the p*ssing steward will ****ing chuck you out. he disappeared in the 2nd half, which was just as well because we were so shite the swearing went into overload!

There was one steward who was a nice guy and chatted away to the fans. And when he saw me taking photos before the game, he came over and asked me to make sure that I dont take any when the game starts. Was very polite about it too! Shame all stewards couldnt be like that?

And what was with the stewards on the turnstyles? The FBI dont give more thorough searches than the one i got!! <_<

Archived