Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
XFS

Louis Dodds

What does everyone think of Dodds?

Been at the club a few years now, England U18 player in 2004 - thats some achievement for any player. S

Should the club keep hold of him or will he be better off finding first team football elsewhere?

What does everyone think of Dodds?

Been at the club a few years now, England U18 player in 2004 - thats some achievement for any player. S

Should the club keep hold of him or will he be better off finding first team football elsewhere?

I rate him. Got a good footballing brain and would have been given a chance against Blackpool earlier in the season had he not been injured. He's had a rough year with injuries just like James Graham has and that might hinder their chances of breaking through here.

I rate him. Got a good footballing brain and would have been given a chance against Blackpool earlier in the season had he not been injured. He's had a rough year with injuries just like James Graham has and that might hinder their chances of breaking through here.

It would certainly be worth loaning them out befor letting them go.

What do people see as his strengths?

Not much info on the website - just that he scores goals at Academy level!

His strengths are his footballing brain. Very intelligent, good movement. Not your stereotypical striker more of a behind the front man player. Very versatile but knows where the net is. Paul Scholes-ish.

He's had my pants down enough times in the good old days of Brookvale :unsure:

Unfortunately, as Ric Flair mentions, he's not an out and out striker, and at Leicester we never play attacking enough formations to put him behind the front two. So it's either a 'Maybury wrong position' role, or not at all :(

He's had my pants down enough times in the good old days of Brookvale :unsure:

Unfortunately, as Ric Flair mentions, he's not an out and out striker, and at Leicester we never play attacking enough formations to put him behind the front two. So it's either a 'Maybury wrong position' role, or not at all :(

I'd get the lad out on loan and see what he can do. I think he could well surprise a few people and might be one of those that appears from nowhere as a good player ala Matt Piper (albeit he's now ****ed). Dodds could be invaluable next season if we are relegated and just as O'Grady has done, first team football certainly improves players.

I agree with Ric Flair "Not your stereotypical striker more of a behind the front man player. Very versatile but knows where the net is" . Don't actually see his long ternm future at Leics as we don't play a man in the hole and Levein does not have the "brains" to change the system and lacks the vision to develop him.

I agree with Ric Flair "Not your stereotypical striker more of a behind the front man player. Very versatile but knows where the net is" . Don't actually see his long ternm future at Leics as we don't play a man in the hole and Levein does not have the "brains" to change the system and lacks the vision to develop him.

I think he should be converted in to a midfielder, with the expected departures of Gudjonsson and Williams within the next 6 months we could do with another youngster ready to step up if needed. Wesolowski was over looked by Levein until his dad threatened to take him out of the academy and Levein then had a look at what he could do. Weso showed his obvious talent and the rest is history. I just hope Levein hasn't over looked Dodds as he's an un-polished diamond if you ask me.

Archived