Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wycombe Fox

Lurker De-Lurks

What is happening to my beloved City? I went to my first game as a six year-old lad in October 1969 - we beat Bristol City 2-0 with goals by Rodney Fern and Lenny Glover. That was in the old Division Two in the season after relegation and after losing to Man City in the FA Cup Final.

Me and LCFC have had an up'n'down relationship with each other since then but we've stayed in love with each other and we still will, even though we're going through our rockiest patch at the moment.

We'll still be together because I'm a fan. Whatever happens this season you'll (probably!) all still be with LCFC because you're all fans too. Players, boards, managers come and go but at the end of the day true fans stick it out through thick and thin.

I've been lurking for a while because I don't feel suitably qualified to make a great deal of comment on the team as I haven't seen them play 'in the flesh' for a couple of years now. I used to be a regular at Filbert Street up to seven years ago though and am passionate about the club and the city - aaaah the nights out at Fusion, Adam & Eve and the Horsefair!!!!

I just can't believe what's going on :( I can't believe that it's only just over five years since I was out celebrating the fact that we were sat proudly at the top of the Premiership. How many managers have been at the helm since then? Taylor, Bassett, Adams, Levein - have I missed any? Four people in charge (I use the term loosely) in such a short space of time is possibly worse than Southampton's record and that's saying something!

I'm sick of hearing "if we lose this one Levein's got to go" defeat after defeat

Jimmy Bloomfield, Jock Wallace and Keith Weller must be turning in their graves, bless 'em.

Does The Birch ever have anything to say about this mess? He was a 'Bloomfield Babe'.

To me, if we go down, we're not talking about Division One. Since it's all been re-packaged it all sounds so much better than what it actually is and that's DIVISION THREE!

Have you noticed how little we feature on Sky nowadays? They haven't got any plans to show any of our matches for the remainder of the season so no cash there and even less from Sky if we're in Division Three.

Come on City, you're breaking my heart - is getting rid of CL the answer. IMHO it surely can't get any worse with a different bloke in charge (but who?).

I think I read somewhere on another thread that if we went down CL would still be manager as he's here for the long term fix. If that's correct we also need the players that he's bought to be long term acquisitions also. If they go then that would surely put us back to square one with CL building yet another squad. This would then be a squad rebuilt within the confines of the budget of a Division Three side.

Oh my God I'm off to top myself...such a miserable, pessimistic first post - sorry everyone.

Right, when are the tickets for the Brighton game on sale? Just along the coast from me...

What is happening to my beloved City? I went to my first game as a six year-old lad in October 1969 - we beat Bristol City 2-0 with goals by Rodney Fern and Lenny Glover. That was in the old Division Two in the season after relegation and after losing to Man City in the FA Cup Final.

Me and LCFC have had an up'n'down relationship with each other since then but we've stayed in love with each other and we still will, even though we're going through our rockiest patch at the moment.

We'll still be together because I'm a fan. Whatever happens this season you'll (probably!) all still be with LCFC because you're all fans too. Players, boards, managers come and go but at the end of the day true fans stick it out through thick and thin.

I've been lurking for a while because I don't feel suitably qualified to make a great deal of comment on the team as I haven't seen them play 'in the flesh' for a couple of years now. I used to be a regular at Filbert Street up to seven years ago though and am passionate about the club and the city - aaaah the nights out at Fusion, Adam & Eve and the Horsefair!!!!

I just can't believe what's going on :( I can't believe that it's only just over five years since I was out celebrating the fact that we were sat proudly at the top of the Premiership. How many managers have been at the helm since then? Taylor, Bassett, Adams, Levein - have I missed any? Four people in charge (I use the term loosely) in such a short space of time is possibly worse than Southampton's record and that's saying something!

I'm sick of hearing "if we lose this one Levein's got to go" defeat after defeat

Jimmy Bloomfield, Jock Wallace and Keith Weller must be turning in their graves, bless 'em.

Does The Birch ever have anything to say about this mess? He was a 'Bloomfield Babe'.

To me, if we go down, we're not talking about Division One. Since it's all been re-packaged it all sounds so much better than what it actually is and that's DIVISION THREE!

Have you noticed how little we feature on Sky nowadays? They haven't got any plans to show any of our matches for the remainder of the season so no cash there and even less from Sky if we're in Division Three.

Come on City, you're breaking my heart - is getting rid of CL the answer. IMHO it surely can't get any worse with a different bloke in charge (but who?).

I think I read somewhere on another thread that if we went down CL would still be manager as he's here for the long term fix. If that's correct we also need the players that he's bought to be long term acquisitions also. If they go then that would surely put us back to square one with CL building yet another squad. This would then be a squad rebuilt within the confines of the budget of a Division Three side.

Oh my God I'm off to top myself...such a miserable, pessimistic first post - sorry everyone.

Right, when are the tickets for the Brighton game on sale? Just along the coast from me...

I dunno but that right there is DEFINATELY a must win game!

Just to make me feel better, my mate (an Everton supporter), phoned me with some Leicester jokes;

1. Craig Levein was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her shopping.

He stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" to which the old lady replied, "no way you got yourself into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out!"

2. A little boy took his parents to court because he did not want to live with them anymore. The honored judge said to him "So why don't you want to live with your dad?"

"Because he beats me" said the little boy.

"Why don't you want to live with your mum then?" asked the judge.

Because she beats me aswell.

"Oh" said the judge "Well who would you like to live with then?"

The little boy replied" I would like to live with Leicester City FC, because they don't beat anyone!!"

He's now my ex-mate!

Just to make me feel better, my mate (an Everton supporter), phoned me with some Leicester jokes;

1. Craig Levein was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her shopping.

He stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" to which the old lady replied, "no way you got yourself into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out!"

2. A little boy took his parents to court because he did not want to live with them anymore. The honored judge said to him "So why don't you want to live with your dad?"

"Because he beats me" said the little boy.

"Why don't you want to live with your mum then?" asked the judge.

Because she beats me aswell.

"Oh" said the judge "Well who would you like to live with then?"

The little boy replied" I would like to live with Leicester City FC, because they don't beat anyone!!"

He's now my ex-mate!

Your mate(ex) is spot on though.

Archived