Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox Glos

going down the toliet

surely the board have got to act this week,the same old s*** every week from the manager,he knows he has lost the players the fans,but he wont go he is thinking financially,and for his future ,easier from his point of view to be sacked than walk away,then he can say they didnt give me enough time,he is out of his depth at this level,tactically,man mangement skills the works,its got to be the board who finally give him the push,sure a new man will have his work cut out but CL has lost the players,and is totally inept,PLEASE TD SACK HIM before its to late !!!!! :ph34r:

I used to think "who is there to bring in in to replace Levein?" but now I feel that almost anyone could come in and make the changes that we the fans can see need making. Nobody else who comes in would play Kisnorbo after watching him play one game. Little things like that would be changed whoever comes in. I realise it's a very short term way of looking at things but we're currently in need of something to change the short term future of the club. Our plan is far too rigid at present. We've taken our eye off the ball and concentrated too much on the future.

I have also backed him for a long as possible because of his long term plan, but I would prefer our long term to not be in League One.

I agree with you. He's really got behind this plan of his to look to the future but sometimes you have to deviate from your ideas and not be stubborn. I'm not saying we should've signed Dennis Wise, I would never want him near our club again, but players like Wise who have experience are needed and although players like that don't match the criteria that Levein has been looking for I think it is/was the kind of player we should/should've been looking to bring in during January. I am happy with Fryatt but he will make mistakes over the next 18 games, he'll learn from those mistakes and be better for them but we can't afford to make mistakes now. We can't afford to miss golden chances that aid a young players development.

Micky Adams' squad when he resigned was too experienced, Levein's is the other way round but tbh if I had to choose between those two squads, I would choose Adams' because I think it would be better equipped to get us out of this mess. This doesn't mean I wanted Adams to stay and that this young, hungry players strategy of Levein's isn't good in principle but for this current situation you need experience to pull you through and players willing to roll their sleeves up.

I keep making the point 99% of manager's out there would give an improvement in results.

Won 0 Drawn 2 Lost 6.

How many managers go on a run as bad as that?

Real madrid apoointed their reserve team coach who is unproven at their level and seen a improvement in form, millwall appointed a unknown and seen an improvement, forest last year before megson was appointed promoted from within and seen an improvement.

If we was to appoint a manager from outside the club, a manager who I think could do well that isnt popular is basset. Their are a lot of fans who say no way but they dont really say why they just have a dislike for him, his premiership record is poor and his championship record is very good, the 2 leagues have opposite styles of play which probably explains his different levels of success. We are in the championship and not the premiership for at least a year and a half so I dont see what would be wrong with bassett.

Other manager's who could do well are penny and the colchester manager but they are both out of financial reach I think.

I keep making the point 99% of manager's out there would give an improvement in results.

Won 0 Drawn 2 Lost 6.

How many managers go on a run as bad as that?

Real madrid apoointed their reserve team coach who is unproven at their level and seen a improvement in form, millwall appointed a unknown and seen an improvement, forest last year before megson was appointed promoted from within and seen an improvement.

If we was to appoint a manager from outside the club, a manager who I think could do well that isnt popular is basset. Their are a lot of fans who say no way but they dont really say why they just have a dislike for him, his premiership record is poor and his championship record is very good, the 2 leagues have opposite styles of play which probably explains his different levels of success. We are in the championship and not the premiership for at least a year and a half so I dont see what would be wrong with bassett.

Other manager's who could do well are penny and the colchester manager but they are both out of financial reach I think.

Bassett kept Sheffield Utd in the top flight against all the odds for several years. I doubt if even Mourinho, Wenger or Ferguson could have saved the rest of the clubs he managed at that level.

Archived