Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave

L1 yesterday, Levein out etc......

I've been reading a few threads on here and thought i would post for the first time in a long while.

I was disugusted yesterday in the fact that so many of our so called fans managed chant levein out every 5 or so minutes for the entire game even after our equaliser!! The main culprit for starting this off was some weirdo who looked like Sloff from the goonies clearly isw retarted!!

I haven't got an issue with chanting this and agree but it has it's time and place and that aint when were 1-1 pushing for a second goal or at any time during the game. There is ample oportunity to do it before or afterwards this isn't my main issue though.

What amazes me is that all of these fans can shout levein out as loud as they can being negative about the club but when it comes to being positive and encouraging the team they quiet as a mouse!! Is this the definition of a true fan??

Before anyone pulls me down i'm no little Chav in burberry or what ever, i'm just very passionate about city and have sang and started songs in L1 since we moved to the stadium and sat in the old kop before.

Does anyone really think that shouting levein out or booing during the game will help our fight against relegation???

I agree we need a change, but just as much impact can be made shouting this at the final whistle!!

Finally Sloff you can fock off an all!!

STAND UP SUPPORT YOU TEAM!!!!!!!!

I've been reading a few threads on here and thought i would post for the first time in a long while.

I was disugusted yesterday in the fact that so many of our so called fans managed chant levein out every 5 or so minutes for the entire game even after our equaliser!! The main culprit for starting this off was some weirdo who looked like Sloff from the goonies clearly isw retarted!!

I haven't got an issue with chanting this and agree but it has it's time and place and that aint when were 1-1 pushing for a second goal or at any time during the game. There is ample oportunity to do it before or afterwards this isn't my main issue though.

What amazes me is that all of these fans can shout levein out as loud as they can being negative about the club but when it comes to being positive and encouraging the team they quiet as a mouse!! Is this the definition of a true fan??

Before anyone pulls me down i'm no little Chav in burberry or what ever, i'm just very passionate about city and have sang and started songs in L1 since we moved to the stadium and sat in the old kop before.

Does anyone really think that shouting levein out or booing during the game will help our fight against relegation???

I agree we need a change, but just as much impact can be made shouting this at the final whistle!!

Finally Sloff you can fock off an all!!

STAND UP SUPPORT YOU TEAM!!!!!!!!

I agree, i think i know who you meen, he was doing it at shef wed away aswell :mad: disgrace

[..] Does anyone really think that shouting levein out or booing during the game will help our fight against relegation??? [..]

No, I think it's out of order, it just makes the atmosphere worse and doesn't help the team to perform in any way whatsoever.

However, I do understand how frustrated these people feel and understand that the desire to see their team do well is guiding their actions.

Those that dont think Levein knows what to do to turn it around (me included) want us to stay up as much as anyone else, but think a new manager is whats needed.

Those guys picking off people one by one who said Levein out (except for giving me a laugh), will they keep supporting the team every game even if we keep loosing. I say take some responsibility as fans, not just support cos you believe thats what supports do and demand change so we stay in the leaugue.

Support the team you say, like agains sheff weds, crystal palace, millwall, norwich, crewe etc...

Makes no difference

Levein out!

im slowly being converted to a "Levein Out"-er but i wont chant it. and i wont boo Kisnorbo when his name is read out, and i wont cheer like we've scored when he is subbed off. imagine how the poor guy feels. i dont care if he's being payed £3k a week or whatever it may be, he has feelings too. i thought 1st half yesterday he played really well but 2nd half he did become anonymous.

im slowly being converted to a "Levein Out"-er but i wont chant it. and i wont boo Kisnorbo when his name is read out, and i wont cheer like we've scored when he is subbed off. imagine how the poor guy feels. i dont care if he's being payed £3k a week or whatever it may be, he has feelings too. i thought 1st half yesterday he played really well but 2nd half he did become anonymous.

too bloody right about kisnorbo he may not be great but when he makes a mistake so much abuse is hurled it's unreal, anyone else in the team except maybe de vries if he's had a bad game, makes a similar mistake then no one throws anywhere near as much abuse. Way to make him play better guys. :rolleyes:

i agree, support the lad, no one is going to improve if we put them down all the time!! we need to get behind the WHOLE team if we want to avoid relegation, and chanting levein out doesnt help in the match at all, especially when we were close to winning!

too bloody right about kisnorbo he may not be great but when he makes a mistake so much abuse is hurled it's unreal, anyone else in the team except maybe de vries if he's had a bad game, makes a similar mistake then no one throws anywhere near as much abuse. Way to make him play better guys. :rolleyes:

Kisnorbo has been garbage all season though :whistle:

I think the huge cheer when Kisnorbo went off was more directed at Craig Levein (and the fact that he'd actually made a decision) than the player himself. Yes Kisnorbo does get a lot of stick, but quite rightly so in my opinion. He consistantly underperformes and is a liability in midfield - in short, he's out of his depth. It's quite clear from the stands that his woeful displays are a key factor in the team's inability to get any kind of control or creativity in midfield. Yet the manager insists on selecting him. Why?

I also disagree about De Vries. He's certainly had his fair share of stick but only when he's played like a donkey, which let's be honest, has been quite often. To his credit though, he's got his head down and pulled a couple of good performances out of the bag. It would be pretty unjust to critisise his efforts yesterday for instance. Is he ultimately good enough at this level? Probably not.

The same could be said for Rab Douglas - another liability. He's a disaster waiting to happen every game. The crowd can sense it. He's like our very own Bruce Grobbelar - but crap. Yet, the manager again insists on picking him. How about letting Henderson have a run?

At the end of the day the crowd is getting upset and frustrated because a) underperforming players are consistantly being picked, and b) those same players (but not always just those) are not being substituted quickly enough when it is clear for everyone to see that they are having a bad day. Maybury was another example of this yesterday. He was running around like a headless chicken for most of the game and it was only through the efforts of Johansson that we escaped even more punishment. Why didn't Levein put him out of his misery sooner?

Up until now I haven't been one of those who has subscribed to the 'Levein out' school of thought, but yesterday the manager appeared to be like a startled rabbit caught in a car's headlights and that kind of paralysis just won't do at all.

i was in L1 and that strange looking guy aged about 40 was the one who started the chants and a few joined in. to be fair a lot of L1 then started singing " craig leveins blue n white army" and some woman had a right go at this sloth character as someone else put it lol.

i was joining in with the craifg levein blue n white army and only started singing levein out at the final whistle as it doesnt do any good singing it at 1-1 or 1-2 searching for an equaliser...

you know your club is in dire circumstances when it looks as if its gonna kick off amongst your own fans :nono::cry:

Archived