Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

striker partnership?

now with fryatt at the club and scoring at the weekend we have good competition up front, but who would you start? personally i believe cl hasnt given hume/hammond enough time together, they could be a fantastic partnership. from what ive seen they link up well.

now with fryatt at the club and scoring at the weekend we have good competition up front, but who would you start? personally i believe cl hasnt given hume/hammond enough time together, they could be a fantastic partnership. from what ive seen they link up well.

I agree Hume & Hammond is our best partnership.

i would like to see what hume and fryatt can do together i have a feeling that something good could happen there! but if it doesnt then i would have to say hume and hammond!

mdv and fryatt didnt look right to me there was no one running at the goalie whereas if you had hume and hammond you have some speed, not saying fryattt doesnt have speed but he was to busy trying to play the ball to mdv!

i would like to see what hume and hammond can do together i have a feeling that something good could happen there! but if it doesnt then i would have to say hume and hammond!

Umm... I guess you really want to see Hume and Hammond, then.

They were the two strikers at home to Sheffield United and put a few in the net... but if I recall correctly, they were also used together up front on a few occassions during this recent awful run, too.

Umm... I guess you really want to see Hume and Hammond, then.

They were the two strikers at home to Sheffield United and put a few in the net... but if I recall correctly, they were also used together up front on a few occassions during this recent awful run, too.

i didnt mean to put hume and hammond the first time, was ment to say hume and fryatt whoops! i have changed it now though! :blush:

Tough one really. Although I think Elvis lacks technical ability, the team does play completely different when he plays upfront. Gone is the long ball (unless de Vries plays alongside him) and the midfield seem to be alot more energetic which opens up play for us.

I really rate Hume, he links up well with any striker he plays alongside. The problem with the Hume/Hammond partnership is that Hume needs the ball at his feet to feed in other plays and also likes to revers roles and get in on the end of a throughballs himself. Elvis struggles to do this though. Fryatt seems to be a proper striker in the terms that he's in and around the box and always knows where to be, something that could work well with Hume. People mention he isn't that quick, but pace often flatters to decieve. Elvis is quick but doesn't utlise it well enough.

Hume and Fryatt for me, I think teams would struggle to mark them if we played to their strengths. Ball to feet, with lots of interchanging with Hume and Smith feeding it in to Fryatt.

Archived