Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

Chances

But what actually constitutes a chance?

When I got back in the car after the Cardiff match, CL was on R Leics talking about our 18 chances. Even official league stats show we make more chances than any other team in the championship.

Well, in that Cardiff match, I can't remember us having 18 shots - even including off target ones!

Does it count as a chance as soon as you get in the penalty area? Does anyone know?

Just curious.

But what actually constitutes a chance?

When I got back in the car after the Cardiff match, CL was on R Leics talking about our 18 chances. Even official league stats show we make more chances than any other team in the championship.

Well, in that Cardiff match, I can't remember us having 18 shots - even including off target ones!

Does it count as a chance as soon as you get in the penalty area? Does anyone know?

Just curious.

Our players must have about 10 40 yard efforts every game :P

Proves the old adage that there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

I think that a team's corner count is a clearer objective guide to a team's attacking prowess than a somewhat vague number like 'chances' but I can't remember when OPTA last supplied this figure.

In a post that our miserable mods deleted for no reason I compared our away goal difference with Luton's. (who are in P9). They are identical (11/23) yet the Hatters have chalked up 3 more wins at the cost of an extra defeat. Our over cautious approach has ensured we have the second worst away record in the division. Luton's adventurous style has been rewarded with five extra points.

Five points. Think about it. We'd be above Wednesday.

I think it's fair to say that we've had plenty of 'chances' in games but just can't seem to stick it in the net. Our lack of finishing has been our undoing in many ways. We need to start scoring some goals. Having said that, it doesn't help that our midfield goes AWOL for most of the games.

Archived