Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Kelly Savours Victory

Kelly Savours Victory

0,,10274~2842053,00.jpg

Rob Kelly was full of praise for the players and fans following Saturday's 1-0 victory over Wolves at the Walkers Stadium.

A solitary goal from recent signing Matty Fryatt, his third in just four games, was enough to secure the points for Leicester on the day in front of a boisterous crowd.

The result catapults Leicester three points clear of the relegation places after Brighton lost to Coventry City.

And speaking after the game, Kelly dedicated the victory to the people who had made it happen.

He said: "I am just so pleased for the supporters and the players that we managed to get the three points today. They deserved it.

"It was a typical Championship game. It was always going to be difficult but I thought that we just edged it on chances.

"It was a real team effort. And I am including the supporters in that - I thought they were terrific again today.

"We have tried to take a little bit of pressure off the players and they have responded. I don't think we ever lacked determination."

Fryatt was in the right place at the right time to grab his 17th goal of the season, and Kelly confirmed he had been pleased with the contribution from the former Walsall man.

He added: "The acquisition of Matty has given us a little bit of something that we didn't have before.

"He's a natural predator. We did our homework on him before we signed him and the one thing that made us shy away from him a little was his age. I am still conscious of that and we don't want to put too much pressure on him.

"He is a very level headed young man but we just have to be steady with him."

Kelly also heaped praise on Alan Maybury and Nils-Eric Johansson.

He said: "I don't like to single people out, but I will give a special mention to Nisse and Alan because they nearly didn't make it today.

"We thought Nisse had a broken foot after the game against QPR on Tuesday night and he has done terrifically well to strap his boot on and get one with it. Alan Maybury has been very ill over the last couple of days and he has managed to play the full 90 minutes. That epitomises the spirit that we have got in the dressing room."

The Foxes will now be without Maybury for the trip to Brighton next Saturday. The 27-year-old picked up his fifth booking of the season against QPR.

Source

No Maybury for Brighton then - so who's to play right wing?

Source

No Maybury for Brighton then - so who's to play right wing?

Credit to Rob Kelly for a lot of todays stuff, the organisation and the tactics of playing 4-5-1 when defending to cut off the supply to the Wolves strikers and soon as we're on the attack going 4-3-3 was a brilliant move.

Support was excellent and Fryatt won me £7!

Brilliant day, as for right wing.......Hammond perhaps?

Momo Sylla will be back.

That's what I'm afriad of.

Brilliant day, as for right wing.......Hammond perhaps?

I forgot about Hammond - he'd be a good solution I think! Kinda strange that he hasn't been played there already, but you can't argue with it because so far the team we've played has done the trick. ;)

O'Grady would be the best option, offers an attacking threat but also gives us more height in midfield. We were losing out almost every time in the first half when the ball was there to be headed. When O'Grady came on he looked strong and won a lot of his headers.

O'Grady - Joey - Weso - Hughes

Archived