Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Newell and Kelly

Just wondering whether they both played in the same Leicester side as each other as they were both here in the 80's.

Maybe they're both good friends and Newell would be more than happy to keep Kelly as a coach?

Rob Kelly: 12/5/84 - Feb 87

Mike Newell : 16/9/87 - June 89

So no then....

Guess who's got a copy of "Of Fossils and Foxes" :blush:

D'ya know I can remember almost every Leicester City player since the 70's but can I remember Rob Kelly at Leicester :nono: I was abroad for most of his time here so maybe I can use that as an excuse!

........but I still went to about 40 games so I have no idea why I can't remember him, I also knew a number of the players well around that time!

Must of been good Acid! :rolleyes:

D'ya know I can remember almost every Leicester City player since the 70's but can I remember Rob Kelly at Leicester :nono: I was abroad for most of his time here so maybe I can use that as an excuse!

Same here!

Is it a conspiracy that the club have made up about our Rob Kelly?

He couldn't have played many games.

Rob Kelly: 12/5/84 - Feb 87

Mike Newell : 16/9/87 - June 89

So no then....

Guess who's got a copy of "Of Fossils and Foxes" :blush:

Mines in me room couldn't be bothered to go and look. Still I hope if Newell does come he keeps Kelly.

The plot thickens, it looks like he was an apprentice at Leicester then a youth team player.... on his City debut he was only 19/20. He went out on loan to Tranmere for a few months in 1985. Then was sold to Wolves for £30,000 in Feb '87. So he was only 23 when he left anyway...

The plot thickens, it looks like he was an apprentice at Leicester then a youth team player.... on his City debut he was only 19/20. He went out on loan to Tranmere for a few months in 1985. Then was sold to Wolves for £30,000 in Feb '87. So he was only 23 when he left anyway...

I have a very vague memory of Kelly scoring an overhead kick against Man Yoo at Filbo. Can anyone else remember this, or have I imagined it?

I have a very vague memory of Kelly scoring an overhead kick against Man Yoo at Filbo. Can anyone else remember this, or have I imagined it?

I have a memory of us beating Man Yoo 3-2 at Filbo in the 70's but can't find it recorded anywhere so I must have dreamt it, but the memory is so vivid :dunno::scarf:

Archived