Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
werestandingup_weresittingdown

Promotion push

Anyone else think we will be contenders next season?? The young lads we have will have learnt so much from this year, and will truly be ready for next seasons campaign.

In my opinion for promotion we will need to sign:

-Goalkeeper

-A decent winger/left side preferably

-Someone with some experience upfront. Not for the starting XI as hume and fryatt have that covered, but someone like a shipperley who knows the league and can come on to mix things up.

- Midfielder who can score and create. a muzzy or a berkovic, that kind of player.

Its a fookin shame joey is leaving as i think we'll struggle to replace him. if he was staying id be more confident of a promotion push.

With some good signings and a good manager im sure we'll be there or thereabouts.

Mccarthy, Fryatt, Stearman and Weso These boys can all become city heroes over the coming years. I remember a few threads not too long ago bemoaning the fact that we had no heroes or cult figures to identify with and support. In the past players like walsh, izzet, lennon, t wright mark 1 were all loved by city fans. Early this season i couldnt care less about the individual players we have, partly because they seemed they didnt care. I think these 3 though in particular, will grow to be legends of LCFC.

Next season

Switch the kop, make it unreserved seating. Get a motivational, passionate manager in. The WS would then be rocking as we push towards the promised land that is the Premier League.

all together now eeeee iiiiiii eeeee iiiiiii eeeeee iiiiiii ooo.......................

:thumbup:

We all thought that last season, but look where we are :(

Heh, not everyone. There's plenty of us that believed this season was just about consolidation and that it would take time for the group of new players to gel into a team. Consequently, we understood that there would be plenty of inconsistency and dissapointments. I think all a lot of us were looking for was an improvement on last years league position at the end of the season.

We've got so far to go before we are a promotion team it's frightening and that's even if we can retain our top players. Gudjonsson's leaving, Wesolowski may be out again and our reserves are way down their League table so the most promising players there may still be two/three years away from first team status.

We are concentrating now and we are more efficient but are by no means a good football team yet and we won't replace the likes of Joey with peanuts (or Weso, God forbid that we have to).

Kelly may be buying us time in the Championship, though he has still not won that battle yet, but if we do survive we have got to understand and apprepeciate that it was largely the current squad that put us there and there is very little depth to that squad.

i agree that we lack the depth. However i do think we have a very talented side, better than most in this div. I think as their confidence grows, the side will get better and better. Without the stifling influence of CL the players are already showing that they are good enough to win games in this league. A good run to the end of the season will bring about more confidence and this will be key to next seasons push. A side built around mccarthy, weso, hughes, stearman, hume and fryatt will be good enough to challenge next year imo.

We are no world beaters by any means but with this strong nucleus we will be a force to be reckoned with.

lol, wow, look what 3 wins can do.. thinking of promotion now..

I was actually thinking about promotion next season yesterday and this morning, and it really is a possibility..

I agree with getting a new goalkeeper, new wingers on both sides, and probably a left-back, not sure though.. lets just see how this season goes.

Yes but if we beat the shaggers and then Leeds on sat there will be just a few of us just checking how far we are off the top six.

whao steady on :P All of a sudden it's just like watching Brazil :ermm:

Apart from the first 10 minutes we were poor yesterday, if we'd have been playing Leeds they'd have murdered us!

I know its pure fantasy, but Brighton beat Leeds and the Shaggers had the better of a 0-0.

I'm not saying we can't go out and do em but we would have to play a lot better then we did yesterday-Just found out we had a bug going round so maybe we can excuse them! Good performance considering :thumbup:

Archived