Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jay

Gretna in Europe!

if Hearts win tomorrow not only are Gretna in the Cup Final but will also be playing in Europe next year!!!

it's the stuff of fairytales!!!

they must be so happy!!

if Hearts win tomorrow not only are Gretna in the Cup Final but will also be playing in Europe next year!!!

it's the stuff of fairytales!!!

they must be so happy!!

shame the good doctor doesnt fancy a move south! :cool:

They're not in Europe yet.

Even if Hearts win tomorrow, Gretna are not guaranteed European football.

And whichever Scottish clubs make it into the UEFA cup next season, they'll all be eliminated by next year anyway.

So, to summarise, you're chuffed to bits for Gretna? :whistle:

So, to summarise, you're chuffed to bits for Gretna? :whistle:

Yes, I think it's great that the Scottish Cup final will be contested by two clubs that are bankrolled by multi-millionaires while all the other clubs who have to survive with only the backing of their loyal supporter base fall by the wayside.

Chuffed to bits for Gretna and their plucky underdog soulmates in England, Chelsea FC. Keep buying your way to success, lads.

How happy will I be that Scotland's representatives in Europe will probably end up being the four clubs to who already have the most cash at their disposal anyway?

The rich trample all over everybody else. In the end, isn't that what football is supposed to be about?

Yes, I think it's great that the Scottish Cup final will be contested by two clubs that are bankrolled by multi-millionaires while all the other clubs who have to survive with only the backing of their loyal supporter base fall by the wayside.

Chuffed to bits for Gretna and their plucky underdog soulmates in England, Chelsea FC. Keep buying your way to success, lads.

How happy will I be that Scotland's representatives in Europe will probably end up being the four clubs to who already have the most cash at their disposal anyway?

The rich trample all over everybody else. In the end, isn't that what football is supposed to be about?

I don't think you put Gretna into that book really, they are not made up of expensive signings or big name players!!! the the Chairman is also pretty genuine bloke who the day before the semi went to Hampden and purchased 700 tickets and walked around Gretna giving them out to the people walking in the streets!!! that's pretty refreshing if you ask me!!!! I wouldn't imagine any other club chairman would do that!!!

Aww..where's your sense of romance? It's Gretna after all! :D

I'm not sure I can make the quantum leap linking Chelsea to Gretna that you have. Brooks Mileson has spent £195,000 in five seasons improving the team of a town with roughly 2,000 inhabitants. Yes - he's probably spent a lot more behind the scenes, but I'm not sure who or what exactly he's supposed to have trampled over so far? East Stirlingshire and Cowdenbeath? I'm not sure that leapfrogging them is going to further endanger the withering roots of Scottish football, is it? I suspect you'll find the fans of said clubs quietly cheering Gretna on into the Premier League to land a few blows amongst the big boys.

I'm no fan of Romanov, but anyone - Hearts, Gretna etc - who can put pressure on the Other Two and keep them from the English Premiership door is going a grand job in my book.

CLASS WAR!

BURN THEM GOLF COURSES!

What rubbish from someone who clearly does not know what happened their. My mate lives there - the chairman is a fan, he is behind the goal every game with the fans. Has done numourus things for the community, put on FREE buses to the semi and will probabily do for the final.

I dont get some people - moan about the lack of money and investment in clubs that are going under, then when someone puts their hard earned money into the club they are guilty of bying success.

Come on GRETNA

Isn't this just football imitating life?

If money is coming into football then that is a good thing, no matter what the circumstances!

It's high time we had a law where clubs must spend a certain percentage their revenue at home and not abroad.

Archived