Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Did anyone hear Kelly on the Radio -

When asked the question "Would you like to be manager of Lecicester?"

What RK actually said before he could stop himself, but not many heard it seems, was:

"I'd love.... I mean, Who wouldn't want to manage this club!" :thumbup:

What RK actually said before he could stop himself, but not many heard it seems, was:

must be what he said because he wouldn't say he wouldn't want to be manager

kelly for manager next season

Kelly is our manager and IMO i think the club is waiting till we're safe got nothing else to play for and then we'll be told just to keep our publicity high during the run in of the season. What do you think?

There would be OUTRAGE if he wasn't appointed, I'm 99 percent sure Kelly will be our manager next season. Paddy Mcarthy said " We hope he gets the job." I'd be delighted next season to be challenging for the play offs.

If we carry on next season in the same points per game ration- 2 points a game- we will have 92 points. It could have been a lot more too, if it wasn't for the leeds game, Derby and Reading which we deserved to win.

From Sky.

Leicester boss Rob Kelly has admitted that he would love the chance to manage full-time.

Kelly has been in temporary charge of The Foxes since Craig Levein was sacked at the end of January, and has helped to pull the club out of the relegation zone, suffering only three defeats in 12 games at the helm.

He was even named the Championship Manager of the Month for March, and has been tipped to land the position on a permanent basis.

Kelly has conceded that the experience has whetted his appetite for coaching, but stressed that all he was focusing on in the short-term was ensuring that Leicester avoid the drop.

"At some stage I'd like to have a go," he told Sky Sports News. "At the moment I'm enjoying this job a lot. The circumstances are not what anyone would want but I like working with this group of players.

"I'm like a kid in a sweet shop really when on the training pitch or out playing. It's the best part of the job.''

The Foxes are eleven points clear of the bottom three and virtually guaranteed to be playing their football in The Championship next season, but Kelly has urged his players not to rest on their laurels just yet.

"It (the gap) is never big enough until it mathematically can't be bridged. We don't want to waste what we've done," he remarked.

"There's been something starting again here, a bonding or if you like a spirit, which we've engineered within ourselves. There are five games to go and we want to build on that.

"We play Palace and Preston. They're trying to go for the play-offs and are really good games to look forward to.

"In a strange sort of way I wish it was the start of the season."

I heard the interview as well and Kelly was being very positive with his comment 'Who wouldn't want to manage Leicester City. He clearly would be interested. I thought it was unbelievable and disgraceful that the Radio Leicester presenter then totally misinterpreted this. I knew there would be reaction on this site. The guy should be made to publicly apologise for misleading all Leicester fans.

What is it with that radio station. So many cock ups. So unprofessional.

To be honest, not only was I amazed at what the guy in the studio said about that, I was even more shocked when he came on and said "a car has left the field and entered a road"! I reckon he'd been drinking!

Whats-his-name on the radio well over-exaggerated it. He said Kelly dropped a BIG hint he didnt want it! What an arse. From what it says on the link he just doesnt want to talk about it really. Got me all worried about nothing!

Yer I agree, he completely got it wrong and ended the show with 'oh a big hint that Rob Kelly DOESNT want the job'. Me and my dad sat in the car disagreeing completely and that he given his usual, nuetrel, not-commiting-himself view of it...

I think we have to admit here though that Robert Kelly is in a brilliant position, as he Could give a slight negative comment, and it could give the board more desperation to give him a long term contract, and maybe even up his money a grand or two for next year if you see where I coming from, like a domino effect :thumbup:

Yer I agree, he completely got it wrong and ended the show with 'oh a big hint that Rob Kelly DOESNT want the job'. Me and my dad sat in the car disagreeing completely and that he given his usual, nuetrel, not-commiting-himself view of it...

I think we have to admit here though that Robert Kelly is in a brilliant position, as he Could give a slight negative comment, and it could give the board more desperation to give him a long term contract, and maybe even up his money a grand or two for next year if you see where I coming from, like a domino effect :thumbup:

I don't think he'll go for that approach to this situation. He has very rarely said anything about his own position in any fashion - positive or negative. For him to suddenly jump from that to trying to turn the screw to earn a few bob more is a bit of a stretch.

There's no doubting he's got himself into a fantastic position - we hired the last manager on reputation at another club, it didn't work out terribly well. Now we've got a manager who's had an extended run of games, and he's been pulling out great results regularly. Rob's position is ideal for getting the job for the longer term.

Archived