Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Did anyone hear Kelly on the Radio -

Hey did anyone listen to radio Leicester after the match. I caught the end of the live interview with Kelly and apparenrtly he dropped a really big obvious hint that he didnt want the job full time! I didnt hear it, did anyone else. If so could you tell me what he said please.....

I really hope its not the case, i dont know why the board wont just offer it to him now. I know they dont want him on a long term contract in case he ends up going and we have to pay him off, but on the other hand with the way his results have gone are we in danger of losing him to another club? If i was a chairman thinking about replacing my manager i would sure as hell be keeping an eye on him knowing they could have him for free at the end of the season!! :cry::cry:

BOARD - OFFER KELLY THE JOB FULL-TIME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to post a topic about this myself.

That's one hell of a hint tho. He's never said anything quite like that before - especially when you consider his usual line is "I'm only thinking a game ahead" etc. etc.

Glad to hear he's seriously giving it a little thought, it'd be a shame if he didn't fancy a stab at it longer term.

Whats-his-name on the radio well over-exaggerated it. He said Kelly dropped a BIG hint he didnt want it! What an arse. From what it says on the link he just doesnt want to talk about it really. Got me all worried about nothing!

I was confused. I heard Rob Kelly say "Who wouldn't want the job?" (I'm sure he said that) then back in the studio the presenter (Don't know who it was) said "Rob Kelly there with a big hint that he wouldn't like the job, i'm sure we'll have more news on that on Monday"

So was in the Presenters fock up again - Unusual on Radio Leicester I know!

or Did I heard Rob Kelly wrong and he actually did say he didn't want the job?

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I was confused. I heard Rob Kelly say "Who wouldn't want the job?" (I'm sure he said that) then back in the studio the presenter (Don't know who it was) said "Rob Kelly there with a big hint that he wouldn't like the job, i'm sure we'll have more news on that on Monday"

See the OS article. He DOES want it by the sounds of it.

When finally quizzed if he would like to take on the position of manager next season, Kelly concluded: "Who wouldn't want to be the manager of Leicester City Football Club? It's a great club that I am lucky to have had two spells with. But who knows what the future holds."

He's lucky to have been given a shot at it - I don't think that suggests he wants out. :P

From the article on the website, and his post-match interview on Sky, it's possible that he may be aware of the board's plans, but doesn't yet want to let on what those plans might be.

After tonight's result we have now picked 24 points from his 12 league games in charge.

It's now very hard to see who could do a better job for us.

Chris Edgerton made a balls-up tonight - he obviously misheard the interview and thought Kelly didn't want the job.

Typical Radio Leicester.

From the article on the website, and his post-match interview on Sky, it's possible that he may be aware of the board's plans, but doesn't yet want to let on what those plans might be.

After tonight's result we have now picked 24 points from his 12 league games in charge.

It's now very hard to see who could do a better job for us.

Even the likes of Paul Daniels would struggle to perform such magic :P:smile:

Yeh I think the guy in the studio must have misheard it. I heard Kelly say "who wouldn't want the Leicester job" and I reckon Chris Egerton thought he said "I wouldn't want the Leicester job". I don't think there is any way he would just come out and say that.

That's what I heard too. Knew someone would panic on here after what the RL muppet said though.

RK actually answers a journalists question regarding us appointing a different manager, would he be fine with that....and RK said 'no that wouldn't be fine...I like being manager of Leicester City..'

That'll do for me, mek it official.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kelly would love the job and everything he says seems to confirm that to me.

It certainly sounds that way after his quote on the OS and the radio.

The quote on the BBC Sport page is slightly different, perhaps they cut out the good bits - otherwise he's reverted to his old "don't want to say" approach.

The job situation will take care of itself

Unless, of course, he knows what's going to be happening already ;)

i was on the phone at the time of the interview but my Dad did say to me whilst on the phone, he's putting himself out of the running.

What would happen if Levein got a job in the summer...would he go back to his assistant?

Rob Kelly as Levein's assistant? No.

Rob wasn't part of the 'Levein Team' - he was chosen for that reason: he brought something that Levein's lot didn't, knowledge of the English leagues. I've read on here that Kelly was selected by the board - so why would he stick with Levein? He's got no other ties to him, and they only worked together for around 15 months. It's not like there's much evidence Rob would jump at the chance to be Levein's assistant - the background isn't there. Especially if Levein's next job is in Scotland ...

Besides, we shouldn't be talking about this because Rob's made it quite clear he'd like to be considered for the job.

Until recently, he's always maintained it's "team first, me later" - he never comments on anything more than a week away, and he's never talked seriously about retaining the job. This evening that has changed (his change of tune probably caught the RL people off guard so they mistakenly said he didn't want the job) - and he's given a strong indication he wants it.

"Who wouldn't want to manage Leicester City?" is not a sentence you'd associate with someone trying to distance themselves from the very same job they currently find themselves in ... He even feels the need to add what a great club it is, and how lucky he is to have had two spells here (player first and now coach/manager) ...

Rob Kelly is the only man for the job, how long after Levein had been appointed were we chanting his name and making songs for him? a bloody long time cos he was a shit manager. Rob Kelly is the best thing since sliced bread, or maybe MON but he will never emulate MON so lets not go there. but he is proving he can do a job and do it feckin well! if he isnt in charge next season we wont be happy bunnies no matter who we get as replacement. when i got in last night and watched the game on sky+ claridge commented on this and the fact we were singing about Kelly for 90 mins... he is the only manager for the job and i believe he will take us right up there next season, possibly auto promotion but more likely play off challenging material.

all together now!

THERES ONLY OOOOOOOONNNNEEEEEEE ROBERT KELLY!

I actually heard this interview whilst driving back from the match and have to say I was dumbfounded by what the guy in the studio said. Kelly said "who wouldn't want to be the manager of Leicester city" and it was the tone in which he said it that really mattered. It wasn't a negative statement it was said along with things like it's a great club great supporters etc etc if he had actually said a reply along the lines of common you stupid moron from radio Leicester what idiot wouldn't want to be manager here so stop feckin asking me maybe the clown in the studio would have taken the point. IMO in NO way did kelly rule out wanting to be permanent manager here.

I actually heard this interview whilst driving back from the match and have to say I was dumbfounded by what the guy in the studio said. Kelly said "who wouldn't want to be the manager of Leicester city" and it was the tone in which he said it that really mattered. It wasn't a negative statement it was said along with things like it's a great club great supporters etc etc if he had actually said a reply along the lines of common you stupid moron from radio Leicester what idiot wouldn't want to be manager here so stop feckin asking me maybe the clown in the studio would have taken the point. IMO in NO way did kelly rule out wanting to be permanent manager here.

I heard the interview as well and Kelly was being very positive with his comment 'Who wouldn't want to manage Leicester City. He clearly would be interested. I thought it was unbelievable and disgraceful that the Radio Leicester presenter then totally misinterpreted this. I knew there would be reaction on this site. The guy should be made to publicly apologise for misleading all Leicester fans.

What is it with that radio station. So many cock ups. So unprofessional.

Anyone at the game last night would have seen just what fantastic backing the fans have been giving Rob Kelly. The board would do well to note that. In my opinion Kelly clearly has was it takes and I for one would very much like to see him take us into a promotional campaign next season.

They can't be true fans. Anyone deeply attached to Leicester City would realise Kelly sees himself as a part of the club, not a tourist passing through.

He has nurtured the club's players and has now put a team of assistants around him.

Any commentator would only have to put himself in that situation to realise there is no way he will want to abandon that to go somewhere else and start again with people he doesn't know.

Kelly might be cool but he's thrilled to bits.

People walk away when their impact has gone, when their message is stale, when they've outstayed their welcome - not when a team, indeed a club, is playing out of its skin for you.

Kelly will be concentrating, I doubt he'll ever stop, but inwardly the fruits of his success will taste like nectar.

They can't be true fans. Anyone deeply attached to Leicester City would realise Kelly sees himself as a part of the club, not a tourist passing through.

He has nurtured the club's players and has now put a team of assistants around him.

Any commentator would only have to put himself in that situation to realise there is no way he will want to abandon that to go somewhere else and start again with people doesn't know.

Kelly might be cool but he's thrilled to bits.

People walk away when their impact has gone, when their message is stale, when they've outstayed their welcome - not when a team, indeed a club, is playing out of its skin for you.

Kelly will be concentrating, I doubt he'll ever stop, but he'll inwardly the fruits of his success will taste like nectar.

i thought he said that too

Archived