Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hairy

Cover Bands

Took Mrs H to see Australian Pink Floyd last night at De Mont. Cant stand cover bands. Really dont see what people see in them. Yes Floyd may never tour again and this is the closest MrsH will get to seeing them but they are not Floyd.

Music should be progressive in my view and these bands are just dull thieves.

How do people feel about cover bands as they are obviously popular?

Took Mrs H to see Australian Pink Floyd last night at De Mont. Cant stand cover bands. Really dont see what people see in them. Yes Floyd may never tour again and this is the closest MrsH will get to seeing them but they are not Floyd.

Music should be progressive in my view and these bands are just dull thieves.

How do people feel about cover bands as they are obviously popular?

Depends how seriously you take your music I suppose. Whilst I would never say I'm a big fan of cover bands, some of them are not that bad. Like you say, it's hardly progressive...

It's horrible to hear someone murder great tracks by some of your favourite artists but having said that (and using an extreme example of cheesey cover bands here) I'd rather listen to a band bang out their interpretation of Dire Straits - Walk of Life (complete with woo-hoo-hoo's) than listen to them play one of their own (obviously cr ap) numbers.

I've only seen two covers bands. The Bootleg Beatles (6 times) are a good example of a band bringing great music to a new generation - I love going to see them play.

I once went to an Iron Maiden tribute band gig. I'm not a fan of the Maido's, but they were loud and people enjoyed themselves. I actually pulled at the gig. I'm not sure exactly what that says about me, but it was a long time ago and quite random on several levels.

All in all, there's no harm done, although, as El Héroe del Público says, I'd probably hate to see a band I really liked given the tribute treatment.

I've only seen two covers bands. The Bootleg Beatles (6 times) are a good example of a band bringing great music to a new generation - I love going to see them play.

I once when to an Iron Maiden tribute band gig. I'm not a fan of the Maido's, but they were loud and people enjoyed themselves. I actually pulled at the gig. I'm not sure exactly what that says about me, but it was a long time ago and quite random on several levels.

All in all, there's no harm done, although, as El Héroe del Público says, I'd probably hate to see a band I really liked given the tribute treatment.

OLE!

I saw an Iron Maiden cover band too, they were quite good, but if tyhey've got the talent to cover Iron Maiden well, why not write their own sutff. Having said that most of Eva Cassidy's stuff was covers and she did it brilliantly, although she didn't just cover one band/artist.

Archived