Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

McClaren set for England

The FA cocked up by taking the 'European' option - form some bloody committe. It was just a bleeding talking shop. They rushed into one decision, seemlingly, at the behest of Mr Dein (why he had any role in the matter is beyond me) and it backfired - big time.

One person (maybe with one other assisting) should have been left to make the decision - to select the candidate they think would have been the best choice, and gone to the board for approval.

Barwick's choice was allegedly MON but he couldn't persuade the committee that it was the right choice - so in effect, Steve McClaren is a compromise candidate - the least offensive of the options available.

It's really quite sad when the FA gets it so wrong at such an important time.

If, in four years time (or sooner if McClaren fails), we're looking for a new manager, I sure as hell hope the FA have learned their lesson this time around. It would be criminal if they went along with the same procedure next time.

It's like choosing Miss World, we all know the winner is everyone's second/third choice?

His pedigree for an England Manager is awful.

The FA cocked up by taking the 'European' option - form some bloody committe. It was just a bleeding talking shop. They rushed into one decision, seemlingly, at the behest of Mr Dein (why he had any role in the matter is beyond me) and it backfired - big time.

Agreed. No conflict of interests there was there? The FA didn't chase Arsene Wenger too hard did they - or at least not as hard as they might have done. Hmm, hmm, wonder why that was? <_<

Archived