Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

McClaren set for England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...and/4959542.stm

Mark my words, this is a big mistake and will trigger a couple of years of disapointment for England. I'd love to be wrong but I really don't see McClaren being a good England manager.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

He's turned Middlesborough's season round yes, but look at the start of Middlesborough's season, Fooking shite!

They say its between Sam Allerdice or Steve McClaren...Big Sam wins every time.

looks like beckham will keep his captaincy then. i say give it to gerrard/terry.

at least McClaren has been around the england camp for some time now, so hopefully he will know what makes people tick. still seems like a dud appointment, but i'm willing to give him a chance.

14th in the premiership,great achievement,great appointment.He may have lead Middlesborough to the UEFA Cup final but this season it's a very average competetion,and should'nt have found themselves 3-0 down against Steau Bucharest on aggregiate in the first place,the only decent team they have beat is Roma and that was once again by the skin of their teeth,and has McClaren ever led Middlesborough to a top 6 position,the answer is no.Big Sam has done it and has spent peanuts where has McClaren has spent a fortune and spending lots of money should bring success,I'm very dissapointed about the easy option appointment.My feelings about the FA are at an all time low.

Yes McClaren is an average manager, but so is Sven in my opinion. With the current crop of players we have we'll be fine for qualifying, and in the tournaments it's anybody's guess.

Sven hasn't got us past the quarters in his time, I doubt McClaren will either - but I'm pretty confident we'll do just as well under McClaren as we have under Sven.

Yes McClaren is an average manager, but so is Sven in my opinion. With the current crop of players we have we'll be fine for qualifying, and in the tournaments it's anybody's guess.

Sven hasn't got us past the quarters in his time, I doubt McClaren will either - but I'm pretty confident we'll do just as well under McClaren as we have under Sven.

I suggest you look at Sven's record,he has won Serie A with Lazio and the portugese title with Benfica,I don't think it suggests an average manager,I think Sven gets a hell of a lot unfair critism,I believe everyone just get's brainwahed by our melodramatic press!No wonder Big Phil did'nt want the job!

I suggest you look at Sven's record,he has won Serie A with Lazio and the portugese title with Benfica,I don't think it suggests an average manager,I think Sven gets a hell of a lot unfair critism,I believe everyone just get's brainwahed by our melodramatic press!No wonder Big Phil did'nt want the job!

What's he achieved with England though? Feck all. And there's been some serious question marks over his management in the last 2 tournaments, the fact that we couldn't keep possession and that Sven couldn't make the tough decisions being prime examples.

Most people in this country can form their own opinions on Sven without being brainwashed by the media. I think he's an overrated manager who cannot achieve what is expected of him. If he managed anybody in the Premiership besides Chelsea I doubt he'd get anywhere near to winning the league.

Scolari and O'Neill are the only two in my eyes who could've done a good job.

Curbishley, McLaren and Allardyce (surely the worst of the three) were in the frame purely because of the clamour for an Englishmen. I don't think any of these would've done a good job. Out of the three of them, I'd probably pick McLaren... but then again, he'd never have even been on my shortlist.

Bastards.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...and/4959542.stm

Mark my words, this is a big mistake and will trigger a couple of years of disapointment for England. I'd love to be wrong but I really don't see McClaren being a good England manager.

This is bad because hibs manager tony mowbary is loved at middlesborough and is favourite to get the job :cry:

This is bad because hibs manager tony mowbary is loved at middlesborough and is favourite to get the job :cry:

If you believe the press, they want O'Neill or Ericsson before Mowbray. Mowbray would be a popular choice at Boro, but many Smoggies would want a more experienced manager.

I'm also thinking we will pretty much continue as we are. I can see why the F.A. would want continuity, but then why not just give him the job in the first place? If they wanted another foreigner they should have offered it to Scolari months ago. Then Hiddink if her said no. Idiots.

I suggest you fook off to a forest board.

What a disgraceful decision

Alan Pardew, Paul Jewell, MON, Alladyce and even Harry Redknapp were better choices if we did need a british manager.

Also the FA have not thought of conflict at the world cup, we are going to the world cup with two managers, and as the players know Sven is going, will they respect him enough?

A calamtious decision by the bastards at the FA

Nuff said :mad:

It's not cut and dry yet, but it's looking like McClaren will be the next boss. Alll I can say is, the FA like all other decisions they have made, this is another shit one!!! :devil::mad:

We need to get rid of the old greedy good for nothings within the FA!!

Archived