Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Westerby Cup Final Match Thread

The more I see Dodds the more he impresses me. I would have loved to see the watching Ashley Chabers out there with him.

Whereas Hammond's speed and strength get him into scoring positions which are constantly wastewd by his trying to rip the net apart, Dodds is quiet and un-noticed, almost like a ghost, but when the chance arises he does only what is necessary to put it in the net.

And when playing with team-mates who know him and play to his strengths he really is a subtly lethal player.

Two or his three goals were little gems and he could easily have had six.

But it wasn't a one-off. He has been notching goals like dripping raindrops, one after the other. He can also take free kicks though why our tallest and most dangerous striker iswasted taking perfectly bog-standard corners, only the coaches could explain.

And like with the first team, those corners and free-kicks need looking at.

The more I see Dodds the more he impresses me. I would have loved to see the watching Ashley Chabers out there with him.

Whereas Hammond's speed and strength get him into scoring positions which are constantly wastewd by his trying to rip the net apart, Dodds is quiet and un-noticed, almost like a ghost, but when the chance arises he does only what is necessary to put it in the net.

And when playing with team-mates who know him and play to his strengths he really is a subtly lethal player.

Two or his three goals were little gems and he could easily have had six.

But it wasn't a one-off. He has been notching goals like dripping raindrops, one after the other. He can also take free kicks though why our tallest and most dangerous striker iswasted taking perfectly bog-standard corners, only the coaches could explain.

And like with the first team, those corners and free-kicks need looking at.

I've always thought Dodds could be moulded in to a Paul Scholes type player. If he could be, then forget the central midfielder we need next season. Alongside Wesolowski and Hughes I think Dodds could provide us with the attacking threat and still help out in midfield, I think he's quite powerful at tackling aswell which obviously helps.

The more I think about wing-backs te more I think it would suit us. We could play 3 centre halves out of McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Nissa, Gerrbrand or Stearman. Use either Sheehan or Tiatto/new left sided player at left wing-back. Stearman or Maybury at right wing back. A 3 man midfield from Wesolowski, Williams, Hughes, New Signing or even Dodds. Hume and Fryatt up front.

I would like to see this tried in pre-season depending on who we sign, but if we only bring in 1 or 2 players then I think this best suits our squad.

Archived