Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

THE MOST IMPORTANT SIGNING OF THE SUMMER !?

I don't know how much remoulding is going to be necessary, really. I'd be happy to see Weso, Williams and Hughes as the heart of the midfield and one of the reasons that I was half-pleased Joey left is that this should mean Williams is further forward more often and able to show more of those moments of pure passing genius he (almost alone in this squad) can deliver. It's someone on the left side we still need and given Welsh's loan spell, it's clear that's what Kelly's thinking too.

TBH i would sell Williams, he may be the only player able to pull those moments of genius off but he is largly unproductive and would fetch a decent transfer fee too help with the re-building.

Finding two or three midfield players that we can sign for a total of next to nothing sounds like a real interesting treasure hunt.

Is there a footballers sale of the Century I haven't heard of?.

And if there is are we going to be the only competitor and if not are we going to be able to offer the best terms in these days when secrecy hardly exists and agents' mouths leak like the country's water pipes?.

People talk about trusting the manager's judgment on players because he's the professional. I don't always but by that yardstick why should the equally professional staff at other club's be looking to give good quality midfielders away for almost free?.

They won't. And Kelly is a football manager not a magician.

He might be wise to look at what we've got before splashig what little money he has and even then he will have to be absolutely sure he was getting better than what he already has (including Wesolowski and Porter) because our record over the last 12 months with signings has only rated about 6/10.

My first target would be a winger or two who can pass and shoot. There is considerable uncertainty about whether certain players, particularly in midfield and defence, will be here or not but whatever happens, we need some width.

Once the winger/s arrive the situation may be clearer in other areas and by waiting we may avoid spending money on people we don't need.

Good players can fall out of favour with managers. Get to the end of their contract and get released.

Thats the only way i can see us gettign usefull players.

Billy Mckinlay was free and he was a key man the year we went up, we just have to hope to find someone along those lines.

Finding two or three midfield players that we can sign for a total of next to nothing sounds like a real interesting treasure hunt.

Is there a footballers sale of the Century I haven't heard of?.

And if there is are we going to be the only competitor and if not are we going to be able to offer the best terms in these days when secrecy hardly exists and agents' mouths leak like the country's water pipes?.

People talk about trusting the manager's judgment on players because he's the professional. I don't always but by that yardstick why should the equally professional staff at other club's be looking to give good quality midfielders away for almost free?.

They won't. And Kelly is a football manager not a magician.

He might be wise to look at what we've got before splashig what little money he has and even then he will have to be absolutely sure he was getting better than what he already has (including Wesolowski and Porter) because our record over the last 12 months with signings has only rated about 6/10.

My first target would be a winger or two who can pass and shoot. There is considerable uncertainty about whether certain players, particularly in midfield and defence, will be here or not but whatever happens, we need some width.

Once the winger/s arrive the situation may be clearer in other areas and by waiting we may avoid spending money on people we don't need.

I think what we have to hope for Thrac, is like Weso did last year, those that are ready to make the step up get the opportunities and take them during the Pre-season and hopfully he wont have signed any 'experienced' players like Rufus Brevett by that point. ;)

Archived