Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc true blue josh 18

next season

where will we finsh next season  

117 members have voted

1. 1. where will we finsh next season

• relegation candidates
    • midtable safety
    • play off hopefuls
    • championship contenders

You've a lot of good and interesting things to say but I think you're a bit premature with O'Grady. I would much sooner have him in our team than several of the others - and wish we'd experimented with adjusting our system to exactly that end because, basically he had little chance to ever shine as a striker even in the brief appearances he made.

Others might have more natural ability but his attitude will see him through while others will fall short. I cannot recall ever seeing a fitter looking footballer and his shooting technique is good. I'm sticking my neck out but I think he will surprise you.

I am reminded of Frank Large when he played at Leicester. He looked anything but a footballer but he had one thing in abundance - attitude. He was like Popeye after a tin of spinach - he'd go through everything on his way to goal and the ball would bounce in off his backside or his knee while bodies lay writhing all around him.

Legend is an overused word and he wasn't quite that but Frank Large became a great favourite for a while and O'Grady is sophistication personified in comparison.

As for where we'll finish I'm with Leesoh on this. It is wild speculation without knowing our likely team (or squad if that still applies). But there is no evidence that would make me hopeful at this stage.

All the news so far has been as much fun as trying to write on a soggy golf card.

He can have the best attitude in the world, Jumior Lewis had a good attitude, but he isn't good enough for this level. Perhaps he could do a job for a Chesterfield or a Nottingham Forest but he isn't up to it as a Leicester player. It's difficult to put my finger on what is exactly 'wrong' but je doesn't possess it IMHO.

i am not an optimist, nor am i a pessimist, i like to say i am a realist :D no higher than last year unfortunately.

Not even on the performances when playing under Rob Kelly?? We had play-off form!

At the moment a lot depends on how much wheeling and dealing is done by the managers in this league when the transfer window reopens.

It'll be like a Premiership in exile and at this stage about 10-12 clubs, including us, will feel they have a genuine chance of a shot at the title next season.

The top three emerged from a pack last season and there is no reason why we shouldn't do the same.

We played well enough against the top sides last season to suggest there are no teams we should fear.

At the moment a lot depends on how much wheeling and dealing is done by the managers in this league when the transfer window reopens.

It'll be like a Premiership in exile and at this stage about 10-12 clubs, including us, will feel they have a genuine chance of a shot at the title next season.

The top three emerged from a pack last season and there is no reason why we shouldn't do the same.

We played well enough against the top sides last season to suggest there are no teams we should fear.

Reading 7th (70 points), Sheff Utd 8th (67 points), Watford 18th (52 points) :thumbup:

I think we will have a better season that this last one. :ermm:

I dont think we have a deep enough squad to challange for the play offs. :cry:

So I feel we will be between 6th and 10th. If this is tha case and we get some good crowds we could get some additional players in for the following season. :smile: Even more players should the following happen,

I would love to have a good cup run in both domestic tournaments and take out the FA Cup beating ManUSA in the final with an own goal from Ferdie. :whistle::whistle::thumbup::thumbup:

Whats the odds?

:rolleyes:

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

He can have the best attitude in the world, Jumior Lewis had a good attitude, but he isn't good enough for this level. Perhaps he could do a job for a Chesterfield or a Nottingham Forest but he isn't up to it as a Leicester player. It's difficult to put my finger on what is exactly 'wrong' but je doesn't possess it IMHO.

I usually agree with alot of what you say but I can't on this subject. Where as you say there is something you can't quite put your finger on what is wrong with him I also can't put a finger on why I think he's got what it takes. The past few months when he has some on he has got better and better. I know he's hardly torn up everything when he's played but he was instrumental in our survival and gave defences a torrid time when Fryatt and Hume were knackered.

He's never going to command a first place of the above two mentioned unless there is injuries or suspensions but he's good enough to play the sort of role he has been doing. The development in his game in the past year has been superb, he's gone from being a timid and fragile youngster in to a confident, strong and skillful player. If you saw his impact against Luton away and when he came on against Plymouth you'd have to agree surely? Defenders struggle massively against him, he's also better in the air than any of the other strikers we have got and he holds it up well.

He's only 20 and he'll get better. He's certainly good enough for the role we require of him.

Archived