Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Promotion on a shoestring in fm2005

Where's Conners?!

I can see you like the long ball then! :rolleyes:

34064[/snapback]

Conners play when I play Scowy as a 2nd target man on right midfield. I usually do that because gillespie and Canero have not impressed me.

The long ball gets you out of this league, thats all i care about. I'm on a great league cup run, but lost 3-0 to arsenal in the 1st leg at highbury. Hopefully i can turn it around at the walkers!

I'm doing alot better in my game now, I'm in 3rd after 23 games.

Signed Stephen Warnock and Bojan Djordjic on loan for the season and I've signed Rob Kozluk for £200,000.

My star player is Joey Gudjonsson, he runs the show in midfield.

MYSIDE.jpg

I think you'll all agree that my side posesses bags of quality, with age on their side. Foxe would usually play instead of Dabizas, but he's currently injured :unsure:

2nd season, didn't do very well in my first as i messed around with tactics, got to know the game etc etc. But we've just beat forest 2-0 and Sheff Weds 3-0, after drawing with Preston Away 2-2 and losing to Crewe away first game 0-2 (They had 9 shots, i had 17, jammy buggers).

So im pleased with what i have now, and im confident i can get us promoted by spending just £135k :thumbup:

34072[/snapback]

On this website ive looked at on that screen where you pick players there not just circles with numbers in there the actual teams shirts??

How comes that is not?!

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/slides...image_no=7&dir=

I'm doing alot better in my game now, I'm in 3rd after 23 games.

Signed Stephen Warnock and Bojan Djordjic on loan for the season and I've signed Rob Kozluk for £200,000.

My star player is Joey Gudjonsson, he runs the show in midfield.

34937[/snapback]

I've played 40 games into the season and I am proudly sitting top...by 1 point. I have 81 points and my only signings so far have been Peter van Vossen and Mutiu - although I have made a few Bosman signings for next season (Jay Bothroyd, Shefqi Kuqi, Sunday Oliseh and more Spanish unknowns).

Should get promoted otherwise I'll be devastated!

Had a dodgy start to the season, couldn't really decide on tactics. Went from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 then back to 3-5-2. Currently sitting 5th after 18 games, 3 points off second with a game in hand. Williams is amazing, he has an average rating of about 8.5 in an advanced midfield role. Trevor Benjamin and on loan Stefan Moore are banging the goals in. :D

---------------Walker

----Keown---Dabizas---Heath

Canero----------------------Stewart

-------------Gudjonsson

----------Williams----Nalis

----------Moore---Benjamin

Its much too easy...

Am currently 1st with 65p for 28 games.. Forest are 2nd 15 points further behind, and the only real signings I've made are Petit and Rapaic. Most of the season I've played with the exact same line-up that CL used vs Coventry on monday, with only Petit swapping with Joey and Williams for Nalis. Scowy bangs just under 1 goal a game in average, as does Conners, but star man is Gareth in midfield. He's got an average of 8.25 after 25 games and has MotM for every 2nd game. And tactically I'm playing very ordinarily... a standard 4-4-2 with a few adjustments and generally very little creativity. Just make them play wide and half-quick and the league wont stand a chance against your attacking force...

I'm currently 4th after 34 games with 61 points. I had a very bad start but picked things up again, I was in the top 2 but recent bad form has cost me dearly.

I don't play Williams often, I prefer Nalis and Gudjonsson. Joey is absolutley superb, has got a average rating of of 8.03.

I have Bojan Djordjic on loan from Man Utd and he is doing superbly, he has sloved that left sided problem I had.

Ive just beat QPR 2-0

Scowy and Matty Turner (avaliable on a free)

My team is:

---------------------------Walker-----------------------------

--Canero---------Dabizas--------Heath-------------Tiatto--

------------------------Gudjohnson---------------------------

--Turner---------------------------------------------Stewart--

--------------------------Williams------------------------------

----------------Connolly------------Scowy-------------------

Got Hulse and Sakiri on loan from West Brom.Both came on v QPR sakiri got 10 mins few good crosses in and Hulse got 20 mins hit the bar and played wel.

Ive let Blake go to Crewe on a free.Nalis as told me he is leaving in the summer.And im Good friends with Steve Cotterill he has praised me and ive done the same ;)

I'm 5 games into the 2nd season, after winning the Championship by 6 points from...QPR :o !!.

Scowcroft was top goalscorer in the division with 31 goals, including 4 at home to Gillingham ;)

Just Released Elliott, Dublin, Blake, Pressman, Wilcox, and Nalis has returned home to France. Sold Canero to Sothampton for £1.7m.

Signed Zenden, Richards, Hendrie, Smertin, Van Der Sar and Marcus Stewart all on free transfers, and am trying to buy Hasselbaink, who is transfer listed at Boro.

So Far in Prem have beaten Portsmouth 3-1, Drew against 2-2 against Newcastle and Boro(conceded in 94th Minute against Boro!! Some Things never changs :rolleyes: ), and lost against Arsenal( only 2-1!!) and Sothampton (0-2).

Confident I can stay up, as long as Conners keeps on scoring!!

Archived