Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Potentially the BIGGEST club in the East !

My two reasons:-

1. Bigger fanbases than Ipswich and Norwich.

2. Bigger City

Not too sure about 1.

Norfolk has a much bigger population than Leics. I know that there are LCFC supporters from counties outside Leics but the advantage Ipswich and Norwich have is that they have no competitors for miles and miles. We have to deal with Coventry stealing supporters from Hinckley and Forest taking half of Loughborough, but Ipswich and Norwich get all those little East Anglian towns and villages all to themselves.

I would hate for us to get a multi billionaire such as Abrahomavic. The succes we achieve would just seem sour, if you know what I mean.

I would rather build up the clubs infrastructure from top to bottom and with the help of a good manager (Rob Kelly :) ) progress that way. Watford have done it, so why can't we?

The millionaires are ruining football and it is not fair on other clubs who generate money internally.

Spot on, we did it once before and you get more respect that way ;)

Like in life, you'd rather earn your way to success than 'buy' success, the sense of achieveent is much higher that way.

Chelsea, albeit being a fantastic team, have pretty much cheated their opponents along the way in recent years. If i was a chelsea fan, i would hate being booed and hated by EVERY other team in the country.

and for example, Arsenal became successful with a lot of hard work and inspiration. Before Wenger they were playing Uefa cup football and managed to progress to playing champions league football the hard way.

Money is the root of all evil!

That's all very well Tomassi but you don't address the fact that it is bloody nigh impossible to win anything worthwhile without money. All through history the biggest (therefore richest) clubs have always won the major trophies. You get the odd exceptions here and there winning the minor honours but those are the awful facts. Just because Chelsea are top of the money pile at the moment doesn't make them any different than Man Utd, Arsenal, Leeds or Liverpool were in previous times. All the best teams get booed because they are ...the best. I don't know what planet some on here are on. We can all wait until doomsday if they seriously think we'll ever compete with these clubs again without money.......or the very unlikely return of the greatest manager living....Martin O'Neill.

Archived