Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Durnerz

Best and Worst Leicester Teams

Are you serious?

It was Ian Ormandroyd that paved the way for Peter Crouch to be the respected forward he is today.

You could have stuck Bobby Davidson, Colin Gordon, Trevor Benjamin, Tommy Wright or Phil Gee in there, instead you had to be tall'ist.

:ph34r:

To be fair to Ormondroyd and Gee they were the best we could afford at the time, we got them both on free transfers from Derby and actually sold Ormondoyd for £200k.

BEST

Gordon Banks

Pontus Kaamark

Steve Walsh

Matt Elliott

David Nish

Keith Weller

Muzzy Izzet

Neil Lennon

Len Glover

Derek Dougan

Gary Lineker

WORST

First team to acknowledge that LCFC didn't start playing in the 1990's and the best so far.

Worthington on the bench would be a must. I'm not into Worst lists as much, I'd probably settle for Dennis Wise (x 11).

Hands of sticks everyone! He may make Peter Crouch look elegant and co-ordinated but he delivered some vital goals, and wasn't it his superb dive that got us the penalty to beat Tranmere in the playoff semis? Cult hero in my book!

Simon

Perhaps you are a little young to fully remember the impact of Mr. Ormandroyd.

In the big games he always stepped up to the plate:

Cambridge '92 play-offs - scores in the 5-0 win.

Portsmouth '93 play-offs - scores the equaliser at Fratton Park that killed off any real hope Pompey had.

Derby '94 play-offs - he was on the end of the Grayson cross and Martin Taylor produced a wonderful save before Walsh stabbed it home.

The big man wasn't elegant but he was never our worst player and he was a vital part of those Brian Little teams that always finished in the play-offs. He deserves a damn site more respect than players like Trevor or Ade Akinbiyi or Dennis Wise.

100% agree with that, i always liked sticks, never a world beater but gave absolutly everything for the team.

Archived