Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Durnerz

Best and Worst Leicester Teams

Probably been done before but i'm bored.

Best

GK - Tim Flowers - Solid goalkeeper, had been there seen it and done it. Aside from that goal against Bradford always looked consistant.

DR - Gary Rowett - Although had problems with injury this guy was so consistant and solid in defence. Remember him putting Ljungberg into row Z when we played Arsenal.

CB - Matt Elliott - Cool, composed, lead by example and scored goals - Legend!

CB - Steve Walsh - Just getting in ahead of Taggart, Pure Leicester Legend.

LB - Ben Thatcher - Although not here very long, Solid defender, committed, would chase across half the pitch just to win a tackle and could play at Centre back too.

RM - Matt Piper - Probably the most exciting prospect i've ever seen at City, made some of the Premierships most established left backs look like muppets with his skill and pace.

CM - Muzzy Izzet - Here through so much, watching him develop from a breakaway attacking midfielder to become an all round central midfield player was quite something. Pure class and could have walked into any top team at his best.

CM - Neil Lennon - My favourite, always the avaliable outlet in the middle and strong in the tackle, held the midfield together.

LM - Steve Guppy - How on earth this guy bent the ball around a player without moving sometimes used to astound me, great work rate to go with it.

CF - Paul Dickov - Judas etc aside. Probably the best finisher i've seen at Leicester bar Cottee, and so so passionate and hard working.

CF - Emile Heskey - Local lad, I can remember from one game the opposition penning him in at the corner flag and them just bouncing off him as he turned, could score some great goals as well.

Worst

GK - Rab Douglas - So indecisive and past it, had a bit of good form but a complete joke of a goalkeeper, never brings any confidence to the defence and comes rushing out, stops and then rugby tackles the attacker. Useless.

RB - Lee Marshall - Who remembers this clowns Bambi on Ice act vs Liverpool when he fell over himself with no one around to gift Danny Murphy the ball to put Fowler in for his 2nd. Idiot.

CB - Jacob Laursen - What did he actually do? I remember a few headers (usually to the oppo) and being made to look silly against strikers who some of which had no pace. Crap.

CB - Nikos Dabizas - Two decent games and the rest a complete clown, when he wasnt chesting players in the back he was standing there with his arm in the air unaware that he'd just been done for speed and the ball was in our net.

LB - Alan Rogers - Slow and crap.

RM - Momo Sylla - Probably the laziest player in Leicester history, has shown he can run but doesnt, he should be employed for the freestyle events, just comes in handy for tricks to let us know he's still here.

CM - Junior Lewis - Bambi on Ice, took an eternity to sort his feet out.

CM - Scot Gemmill - Goalshy and could only pass sideways, rubbish.

LM - James Scowcroft - Only in this position, I didnt think Scowcroft was a bad striker, just an awful left sided midfielder.

CF - Ade Akinbiyi - Couldn't hit a Cows arse with a banjo.

CF - Mark De Vries - Unfit, no speed, the occasional goal but generally slows us down and for a man of over 6 foot he can't head a ball to save his life.

Over to you..

Tim Flowers

Gary Mills

Ben Thatcher

Matt Elliott

Steve Walsh

Neil Lennon

Gary McAllister

Tommy Wright (the 1st, obviously)

Muzzy Izzet

Stan Collymore

Tony Cottee

Zeljko Kalac

John Curtis

Tony Spearing

Jacob Laursen

Brian Carey

Danny Tiatto

Lee Marshall

Junior Lewis

Graham Fenton

Richard Cresswell

Ian Ormondroyd

I'd like to meet the people who actually do hit cow's arses with banjo's - I thought we had laws to prevent this sort of depraved behaviour. Please, respect cows! :mad:

cowz.jpg

Tim Flowers

Gary Mills

Ben Thatcher

Matt Elliott

Steve Walsh

Neil Lennon

Gary McAllister

Tommy Wright (the 1st, obviously)

Muzzy Izzet

Stan Collymore

Tony Cottee

Zeljko Kalac

John Curtis

Tony Spearing

Jacob Laursen

Brian Carey

Danny Tiatto

Lee Marshall

Junior Lewis

Graham Fenton

Richard Cresswell

Ian Ormondroyd

Are you serious?

It was Ian Ormandroyd that paved the way for Peter Crouch to be the respected forward he is today.

You could have stuck Bobby Davidson, Colin Gordon, Trevor Benjamin, Tommy Wright or Phil Gee in there, instead you had to be tall'ist.

:ph34r:

Are you serious?

It was Ian Ormandroyd that paved the way for Peter Crouch to be the respected forward he is today.

You could have stuck Bobby Davidson, Colin Gordon, Trevor Benjamin, Tommy Wright or Phil Gee in there, instead you had to be tall'ist.

:ph34r:

I always thought Ian Ormondroyd is the worst player i've ever seen at City, but recent years have sadly clouded my memory of how crap Ian really was. Frightening how bad he was.

Best :-

GK Flowers

CB Elliott

CB Walsh

CB Sinclair

Rwb Savage

Lwb Guppy

Cm Izzet

Cm Lennon

Cm McAllister

CF Heskey

CF Collymore

Worst:-

GK Martin Hodge

RB John Curtis

LB Nick Platnaeur (not sure of the spelling)

Cb Brian Carey

Cb Paul Fitzpatrick

Cm Billy Davies

Cm junior lewis

lw Lee Philpott

rw Franz Carr

cf Trevor Benjamin

cf Phil Gee (unless he was playing derby)

I always thought Ian Ormondroyd is the worst player i've ever seen at City, but recent years have sadly clouded my memory of how crap Ian really was. Frightening how bad he was.

Trev was far worst that "sticks"!

but hey eveyone has their own opinion.

Sticks was a top bloke though gave me a quote to use in my best man speech for my mate!

Ormondroyd Scored in each of the play off semi finals to get us to wembley when Little was manager.

Trev couldn't see.

Trev and Akinbiyi mus have been the worst evey premiership striker force!

I liked trev though.

Played well for 9 games the year we went up.

But we paid 1.5m fir him didn't we?

Who the fock's dissin' on Phill Gee!?

Have to agree with you there, Phil Gee hardly set the place alight but certainly does not deserve to be in a worst ever team.

Remember him scoring some cracking goals

Have to agree with you there, Phil Gee hardly set the place alight but certainly does not deserve to be in a worst ever team.

Remember him scoring some cracking goals

Yeah against Derby and that was it!!!

He wasnt such a bad player,just a little w**nker!!!!

:o:cool:

Have to disagree - did you see him at the away game against West Ham? Quite the most awful performance I've seen by a City player. Because he thought he was the bees knees he took all corners and free kicks, all uniformly woeful - if I didn't have such a caring, trusting nature I would have had suspicions he'd been tapped up. Awful little man.

Benjamin, although hilarious, actually won us a lot of free kicks, penalties and opposition sending-offs - and scored a fair few goals as well.

Ormondroyd was rubbish.

Perhaps you are a little young to fully remember the impact of Mr. Ormandroyd.

In the big games he always stepped up to the plate:

Cambridge '92 play-offs - scores in the 5-0 win.

Portsmouth '93 play-offs - scores the equaliser at Fratton Park that killed off any real hope Pompey had.

Derby '94 play-offs - he was on the end of the Grayson cross and Martin Taylor produced a wonderful save before Walsh stabbed it home.

The big man wasn't elegant but he was never our worst player and he was a vital part of those Brian Little teams that always finished in the play-offs. He deserves a damn site more respect than players like Trevor or Ade Akinbiyi or Dennis Wise.

BEST

Gordon Banks

Pontus Kaamark

Steve Walsh

Matt Elliott

David Nish

Keith Weller

Muzzy Izzet

Neil Lennon

Len Glover

Derek Dougan

Gary Lineker

WORST

Mark Grew (played 6, lost 6 in 83-84)

John Curtis

Jacob Laursen

Nicky Mohan

Tony Spearing

Lammie Robertson (dire "winger" signed by McLintock in 1977-78)

D****s W**e (for the money he took out of us, and he had the cheek to ask for more! :angry::angry: )

Junior Lewis

Paul Reid (symbol of everything bad during the Pleat years)

Nathan Blake

Roger Davies

Nathan Blake

:o !! LEG-END!

LMFAO!! Anyone happened to randomly decide to read his Wikipedia stub? It's hillarious!!

He has scored over a 6 goals in some 500 plus appearances in all competitions. He also has 29 caps for wales and is known as the welsh Pele (football)|caps]] and 4 international goals to his name

Perhaps you are a little young to fully remember the impact of Mr. Ormandroyd.

In the big games he always stepped up to the plate:

Cambridge '92 play-offs - scores in the 5-0 win.

Portsmouth '93 play-offs - scores the equaliser at Fratton Park that killed off any real hope Pompey had.

Derby '94 play-offs - he was on the end of the Grayson cross and Martin Taylor produced a wonderful save before Walsh stabbed it home.

The big man wasn't elegant but he was never our worst player and he was a vital part of those Brian Little teams that always finished in the play-offs. He deserves a damn site more respect than players like Trevor or Ade Akinbiyi or Dennis Wise.

Each to their own I guess. I was quite young, yes, but I remember quite clearly thinking he was pretty awful at the time. Akinbiyi and Benjamin played in the Premiership and weren't up to the standard but Akinbiyi in particular has proven he is a fairly decent Championship striker. Ormondroyd played six times in the Premiership for us without scoring and something tells me he wouldn't have scored the 9 goals in 33 starts that Akinbiyi did in his first season with us in the Premiership (almost exactly the same record as Iwan Roberts had - 9 from 32 starts - in our 1994/5 Premiership season, and he was a hell of a lot better than Ormondroyd).

Perception does play a large part in these things though and I make no apologies that - as an 8-year-old who was used to Kelly, Kitson, Roberts, Speedie and Joachim - Ormondroyd made a big impression for all the wrong reasons.

Ormondroyd was part of the first EVER City side to win at Wembley.

For that alone, he and other members of that side (eg Carey, Coatsworth) should be immune from consideration for worst-ever FOXES, no matter how poor their overall record may have been.

Probably been done before but i'm bored.

Best

GK - Tim Flowers - Solid goalkeeper, had been there seen it and done it. Aside from that goal against Bradford always looked consistant.

DR - Gary Rowett - Although had problems with injury this guy was so consistant and solid in defence. Remember him putting Ljungberg into row Z when we played Arsenal.

CB - Matt Elliott - Cool, composed, lead by example and scored goals - Legend!

CB - Steve Walsh - Just getting in ahead of Taggart, Pure Leicester Legend.

LB - Ben Thatcher - Although not here very long, Solid defender, committed, would chase across half the pitch just to win a tackle and could play at Centre back too.

RM - Matt Piper - Probably the most exciting prospect i've ever seen at City, made some of the Premierships most established left backs look like muppets with his skill and pace.

CM - Muzzy Izzet - Here through so much, watching him develop from a breakaway attacking midfielder to become an all round central midfield player was quite something. Pure class and could have walked into any top team at his best.

CM - Neil Lennon - My favourite, always the avaliable outlet in the middle and strong in the tackle, held the midfield together.

LM - Steve Guppy - How on earth this guy bent the ball around a player without moving sometimes used to astound me, great work rate to go with it.

CF - Paul Dickov - Judas etc aside. Probably the best finisher i've seen at Leicester bar Cottee, and so so passionate and hard working.

CF - Emile Heskey - Local lad, I can remember from one game the opposition penning him in at the corner flag and them just bouncing off him as he turned, could score some great goals as well.

Worst

GK - Rab Douglas - So indecisive and past it, had a bit of good form but a complete joke of a goalkeeper, never brings any confidence to the defence and comes rushing out, stops and then rugby tackles the attacker. Useless.

RB - Lee Marshall - Who remembers this clowns Bambi on Ice act vs Liverpool when he fell over himself with no one around to gift Danny Murphy the ball to put Fowler in for his 2nd. Idiot.

CB - Jacob Laursen - What did he actually do? I remember a few headers (usually to the oppo) and being made to look silly against strikers who some of which had no pace. Crap.

CB - Nikos Dabizas - Two decent games and the rest a complete clown, when he wasnt chesting players in the back he was standing there with his arm in the air unaware that he'd just been done for speed and the ball was in our net.

LB - Alan Rogers - Slow and crap.

RM - Momo Sylla - Probably the laziest player in Leicester history, has shown he can run but doesnt, he should be employed for the freestyle events, just comes in handy for tricks to let us know he's still here.

CM - Junior Lewis - Bambi on Ice, took an eternity to sort his feet out.

CM - Scot Gemmill - Goalshy and could only pass sideways, rubbish.

LM - James Scowcroft - Only in this position, I didnt think Scowcroft was a bad striker, just an awful left sided midfielder.

CF - Mark De Vries - Unfit, no speed, the occasional goal but generally slows us down and for a man of over 6 foot he can't head a ball to save his life.

Over to you..

Apart from swapping Collymore for Dickov I think that's about right!!

Archived