Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chairman of the Bored

Obscure band post that no one ever replies to....

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to participate in this thread but define obscure :unsure:

Obscure: a band that is leftfield, very few people have heard of (except family, friends and groupies) and hasn't yet made it onto the pages of tacky tabloid NME style muso rags.

How's that for starters?

Lots of artists under this moniker, generally in the 'leftfield' category - music not easily definable??

Right...

David Sylvian

Tosca

DJ Krush

Thievery Corporation

Steve Reich

Cinematic Orchestra

Lunz

to name, but a few.... :o

Great ensemble:

I love "Lebanese Blonde" (heard it the first time on the "Garden State" Soundtrack)!!!!

Lots of artists under this moniker, generally in the 'leftfield' category - music not easily definable??

Right...

David SylvianTosca

DJ Krush

Thievery Corporation

Steve Reich

Cinematic Orchestra

Lunz

to name, but a few.... :o

Interesting you should include David Sylvian under this heading. I love his music to bits and have seen him play live a couple of times, although he is no great shakes on stage. I was into Japan as well, right from "Adolescent Sex" until their dying days. "Tin Drum" was a marvellous LP. He has also done some interesting stuff with collaborators including Ryuchi Sakamoto and Robert Fripp, and teamed up with ex-Japan band members to record as Rain Tree Crow and Nine Horses. "Snow Borne Sorrow" is a lovely, moody piece.

Once dubbed "the most beautiful man on earth", I think he would compliment the ruggeed good looks of Andy Johnson in next saeson's midfield. Not sure about his stamina though.

NB: the last comment was made by wifey to be, not me, I hasten to add!

Archived