Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy_rules

Last night

Ok, Racism is wrong, it shouldn't be tolerated, however if England wanted to make a stand against it, they could of walked of the pitch, after all it was only a friendly,and therefore action couldn't be taken as we'd have a valid arguement!

p.s. the game was one of the worst one-sided i've seen for agesssssssssssssssss

Ok, Racism is wrong, it shouldn't be tolerated, however if England wanted to make a stand against it, they could of walked of the pitch, after all it was only a friendly,and therefore action couldn't be taken as we'd have a valid arguement!

p.s. the game was one of the worst one-sided i've seen for agesssssssssssssssss

36907[/snapback]

I agree think England should have walked off. Hope FIFA are going to do something about that abuse

The problem with walking off is that you set a precedent allowing other teams, who might for example be losing an important World Cup game to walk off after hearing one or two racists chants. You have to ask yourselves at what point, and how do you measure it, does it become acceptable and justifiable to walk off.

On a lighter note never mind walking off they didn't even look liked they'd turned up in the first place.

I agree they should have walked off - it might send a precedent but what happened in Madrid was way outta line. We could all hear it loud and clearly on TV, and so it would have been a lot worse if you were inside the ground as TV cameras don't capture the atmosphere properly.

Walking off sends out a message that football has no place for racism - and it shows that the players have the dignity and courage to stand up to racists.

I agree they should have walked off - it might send a precedent but what happened in Madrid was way outta line. We could all hear it loud and clearly on TV, and so it would have been a lot worse if you were inside the ground as TV cameras don't capture the atmosphere properly.

Walking off sends out a message that football has no place for racism - and it shows that the players have the dignity and courage to stand up to racists.

37430[/snapback]

I understand your disgust Anish, but I think it's wholly inappropriate to suggest that players take unilateral action. Fifa and Eufa should instruct referees to make these decisions, it would then be down to them to decide whether it warranted an abandonment, same as they would for bad weather etc. This also puts the onus on and provides no excuse for Fifa and Eufa from taking action against the guilty teams.

Archived