Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

The Fratellis & The Subways

Two more bands I'm off to see live soon, just bought tickets today :D:thumbup: . Fratellis are at The Charlotte, 1st of August and then The Subways are at Rock City 5th of September.

Woooooooooooooop!! :D

Anyone seen either or these, to let me know what I'm in for, I think I'm right in saying Craig is a big Subways fan...

i have seen subways at esquires in bedford and they are a very good live band! Billy Lunt can deffently work a crowd! i was meant to see the fratellis but missed out at the last minute! all my mates said they were good live tho

Two more bands I'm off to see live soon, just bought tickets today :D:thumbup: . Fratellis are at The Charlotte, 1st of August and then The Subways are at Rock City 5th of September.

Woooooooooooooop!! :D

Anyone seen either or these, to let me know what I'm in for, I think I'm right in saying Craig is a big Subways fan...

Fratelli's looked ok on The Jools Holland show much like the other run of the mill indie bands around just now!

They are supporting Kasabian on Aug 12th in Ibiza, thought about going but down Newquay that weekend playing Cricket.

Subways are amazing, top guys too, getting me on the guestlist when me and my ex turned up without tickets :D:D:D

They're a lot heavier live than on the album, which works for them i think.

And the Fratellis, i ain't seen these yet, got tickets to see them at the Soundhaus in N'hampton though, can't wait.

Going to see the Fratellis tomorrow at a free music festival in *spit* Coventry *spit*

Also playing - Blackbud, The Cooper Temple Clause and Mercury Rev. Should be ace.

Really? Where abouts is it?

I may have to go along.

Sorry mate, only just been back on here. It was in a gigantic park called Coventry Memorial Park? I think? Called the Godiva festival, been running for years apparently. I mainly went to see TCTC (who were f**king amazing, one of the best sets I've ever seen). Didn't actually see The Fratellis! We left the main tent to go and try and check out Killa Kela, he was delayed so didn't see him either, went back to the main tent and queued to get in, managed to get in just after they'd left the stage. So gutted, but sounded awesome from just outside! One song in particular I'd heard before at the Leadmill but didn't realise it was them - one of the best tracks I've heard this year. EDITED TO SAY: Think its called Creepin' Up The Backstairs. Sounds a bit like Horrorshow by the Libertines. EDITED AGAIN!!! TO SAY!! Just ordered tickets to see them at the Soundhaus, cheers for that Craig! Didn't realise they were playing here. Fantastic.

Have to say again though, TCTC were unbelievably good. Mind you, they followed one of the most embarrassing bands I've ever seen live (Nizlopi).

Sorry mate, only just been back on here. It was in a gigantic park called Coventry Memorial Park? I think? Called the Godiva festival, been running for years apparently. I mainly went to see TCTC (who were f**king amazing, one of the best sets I've ever seen). Didn't actually see The Fratellis! We left the main tent to go and try and check out Killa Kela, he was delayed so didn't see him either, went back to the main tent and queued to get in, managed to get in just after they'd left the stage. So gutted, but sounded awesome from just outside! One song in particular I'd heard before at the Leadmill but didn't realise it was them - one of the best tracks I've heard this year. EDITED TO SAY: Think its called Creepin' Up The Backstairs. Sounds a bit like Horrorshow by the Libertines. EDITED AGAIN!!! TO SAY!! Just ordered tickets to see them at the Soundhaus, cheers for that Craig! Didn't realise they were playing here. Fantastic.

Have to say again though, TCTC were unbelievably good. Mind you, they followed one of the most embarrassing bands I've ever seen live (Nizlopi).

Zizlopi :blink:lollollollollollollollollol

• 3 weeks later...

What an amazing night, Fratellis were 'kin amazing, and I loved Jackson Analogue and Louie aswell. I was 1 row from the front and I got well and truly 'moshed'!

I lost my jacket, about died of dehydration, shirt was clinging to me through sweat and huge sweat patches on my jeans.

Quality night though, best gig I've ever been to and the best £9 I've ever spent too :D:thumbup::D

*Saw Richard Stearman in McDonalds beforehands too*

What an amazing night, Fratellis were 'kin amazing, and I loved Jackson Analogue and Louie aswell. I was 1 row from the front and I got well and truly 'moshed'!

I lost my jacket, about died of dehydration, shirt was clinging to me through sweat and huge sweat patches on my jeans.

Quality night though, best gig I've ever been to and the best £9 I've ever spent too :D:thumbup::D

*Saw Richard Stearman in McDonalds beforehands too*

Louie are absolute quality. Tonight's gonna be amazing, i'm taking the girlfriend though so i won't be able to go near the front cos she gets a bit scared :mad::mad::mad:

Both the Fratllis and the Subways are playing at Leeds festival this year

Saw the Subways play in Jersey in Sep 04 (JerseyLive festival) - Don't remember a whole lot as I was very drunked by the time they played

Weren't bad was it.

Just wish i'd been down where you were, was a tad boring at time's standing on the raised bit.

Girls eh :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like I said at the end, didn't get too involved as there were some humungous beasts in there. Still, had a bit of a boogie. Good to meet you mate, however briefly. Hopefully there'll be some more decent stuff on there soon.

Archived