Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Singer you like..

Just wondering if anybody likes any particular singers that nobody else seems to and so thinks that they're amazing?

I am a big fan of Jim Kerr (Simple Minds) who has an amazing voice, no attitude problem (take note Messrs Gallagher and Doherty), very talented and in it for the music NOT the money !!

Who are yours??? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure Simple Minds qualify under the 'no one likes them' banner - I reckon David Gedge has to be one of the more under-rated of our laterday song-meisters...and he never sells out large venues nowadays.

Well, I'll second Mark King, as "Running In The Family" was maybe the first 7" single I ever bought.

I'll also second David Gedge. He's a sort of indie Everyman figure. He also wrote the genius "Ex-girlfriend with new boyfriend" anthem that is "Everyone Thinks He Looks Daft"....

Don't give me that, 'cause you were seen!

Everyone thinks he looks daft but you can have your dream!

I've always been a big (and solitary) fan of Sarah Cracknell and Saint Etienne. Gorgeous voice, quite kitsch, sometimes folky, sometimes electronic, very British pop music.

Archived