Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Knighton Matt

Kelly 'bitterly disappointed'

From lcfc.com...

City boss Rob Kelly said he was left 'bitterly disappointed' following his side's 1-0 defeat at the hands of Burnley on Tuesday night.

The Foxes had gone into the game looking to kickstart their campaign having gone down 2-0 to Luton at the weekend.

But a solitary goal from Clarets striker Andy Gray would condone City to their second defeat of the season and send Kelly back to the drawing board ahead of Saturday's game against Ipswich Town.

He said: "I am obviously bitterly disappointed after the game, probably for the supporters more than anything. I thought that they really bought into the 'Sea of Blue' and we know that we didn't perform on the night to the standards that we would want for them.

"There are things that we have got to put right, but you have got to be careful. Everyone is raw after the game - and so they should be. It's not just the players and staff - we are all raw here.

"I'll be watching the video tonight and we will be in tomorrow morning. The way I look at it - you have got a choice. You can brush it under the carpet and think you will be all right or you can put it right and put it right quickly. So that's what we will do. We will come in to work tomorrow morning with the resolve about us to get it right.

"The problems tonight were similar to what we had on Saturday against Luton. But that is my responsibility because I pick the team and I put the players out there.

"I realise what it is but we have to now collectively put it right.

"We have to put some perspective on it - it's two games. As disappointing as were are that's where we are and I am not going to pretend that is not the case.

"We all know what the situation is and I still think we have got a squad that is good enough to get a result at Luton and beat Burnley at home. We didn't do it and we have now got to look at the reasons why."

The City boss also revealed that he was now waiting on the fitness of Gareth Williams ahead of Saturday's game.

"Gareth got a kick and was struggling towards the end of the half. We will know more tomorrow."

You can brush it under the carpet and think you will be all right or you can put it right and put it right quickly. So that's what we will do. We will come in to work tomorrow morning with the resolve about us to get it right.

I hope he means getting rid of hoofing the long ball to the short lad up front... :D

From lcfc.com...

City boss Rob Kelly said he was left 'bitterly disappointed' following his side's 1-0 defeat at the hands of Burnley on Tuesday night.

The Foxes had gone into the game looking to kickstart their campaign having gone down 2-0 to Luton at the weekend.

But a solitary goal from Clarets striker Andy Gray would condone City to their second defeat of the season and send Kelly back to the drawing board ahead of Saturday's game against Ipswich Town.

He said: "I am obviously bitterly disappointed after the game, probably for the supporters more than anything. I thought that they really bought into the 'Sea of Blue' and we know that we didn't perform on the night to the standards that we would want for them.

"There are things that we have got to put right, but you have got to be careful. Everyone is raw after the game - and so they should be. It's not just the players and staff - we are all raw here.

"I'll be watching the video tonight and we will be in tomorrow morning. The way I look at it - you have got a choice. You can brush it under the carpet and think you will be all right or you can put it right and put it right quickly. So that's what we will do. We will come in to work tomorrow morning with the resolve about us to get it right.

"The problems tonight were similar to what we had on Saturday against Luton. But that is my responsibility because I pick the team and I put the players out there.

"I realise what it is but we have to now collectively put it right.

"We have to put some perspective on it - it's two games. As disappointing as were are that's where we are and I am not going to pretend that is not the case.

"We all know what the situation is and I still think we have got a squad that is good enough to get a result at Luton and beat Burnley at home. We didn't do it and we have now got to look at the reasons why."

The City boss also revealed that he was now waiting on the fitness of Gareth Williams ahead of Saturday's game.

"Gareth got a kick and was struggling towards the end of the half. We will know more tomorrow."

There you are. What a nice man to give some quotes after a rotten evening. And now he's said that I feel very comforted. He's like Horlicks really. One mug full and you know everything will be alright.

Sometimes we don't realise what a manager has to go through. We can enjoy a few bevvies with friends, have a bit of banter but while we're enjoying ourselves what's the manager doing - he's watching the video. Watching that game all over again.

I tell you. There's a downside to everything whatever the pay.

There you are. What a nice man to give some quotes after a rotten evening. And now he's said that I feel very comforted. He's like Horlicks really. One mug full and you know everything will be alright.

Sometimes we don't realise what a manager has to go through. We can enjoy a few bevvies with friends, have a bit of banter but while we're enjoying ourselves what's the manager doing - he's watching the video. Watching that game all over again.

I tell you. There's a downside to everything whatever the pay.

I feel sorry for his wife. Genuinely.

Can you imagine her when Kelly gets home and sticks on his video?

Wife - "Robert come to bed I've missed you. My back needs a rub."

Kelly - "Pipe down love. I need to work out why the crowd are booing. I think it must be because I didn't acknowledge their chants of 'Kelly, give us a wave'. I swear I did but the slow motion replay will tell me all."

It's a good job he didn't have a video of the little lad in the next seat but one to me.

He must have been about five and it was his first ever visit to the Walkers.

It was hard for him to follow but every so often he'd wave his arms and shout Come on City.

Early in the second half he asked his father "Are we winning, dad?"

Not yet son came the reply but we will do soon.

Five minutes passed and the boy asked the same question again only to be told the same answer and to burst into tears sobbing.

And that's how he finished the match. Tears streaming down his face. Utterly inconsolable.

God knows what his dad's got lined up for his next treat but I sure hope it works better. :whistle:

So by the sounds of that, he could be changing it about abit?

No let's stick to the regular team, show a bit of faith. Give it til Christmas. Some haven't had chance to settle in yet, let alone get fit and besides we need all the experience we can get in this situation.

Besides it's not right for a team to cock up and then expect someone else to get them out of the mire. Would you want to be drafted into a team that's losing every week. It can ruin a bloke's career that can. Shatter's your confidence, especially the young lads.

No, leave it be. Sven's lesson went unheeded. So let's show where defence-obsessed football can really lead us. Let's go to Hell first. Perhaps when we've been there, when we've really swallowed the buckets of piss, we'll never want to go there again.

If he's gonna change things he wants to look to himself first. What sort of manager plays at home, fills his team with defenders after defenders had earned you a beating three days earlier and only introduces attackers when we're losing? The bloke next to me summed it up. "It's Levein all over again and its beyond all explanation".

I was going to argue with him but the whistle went to signal we'd lost.

Archived