Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Max Gradel

Who in the youth setup is first team material?

If that's a serious question no-one really knows because they never get a chance.

Sheehan has played first team, his record is excellent, but it's not a long record. Many of us feel he's played quite well for most of the time and the team would love the points ratio which has come from the games he's played, especially if you include the friendlies because we'd be close to top of a fictional League.

Dodds, I'm told, has scored something close to 60 goals in the last two seasons - consistently too - and Porter has provided a good share of them, being, in my view the best attacking passer in the club.

Gradel scored from the wing in something like eight successive games last season and was a constant threat while Conrad Logan is the only goalkeeper in the club who can genuinely dominate the high crosses department.

Now whether, given a proper chance rather than just a token game, those lads can make the transition to Championship football I cannot say for sure, but if they fail they will only be mirroring the achievements of the senior players so there'll be little difference in consequence.

But football wise, they offer quite a lot IF the manager would show faith in them and allow them to settle in and adjust. In our situation when we cannot just go out and buy to plug the weaknesses in our team, one or two at a time would offer a sporting chance of success.

Even the positions they play offer encouragement. We don't have an attacking left back, we don't have a midfielder who passes incisively along the floor, we don't have cover for Low on the right wing and Dodds would be an excellent striker substitute for anyone, whoever he's paired with..

If that's a serious question no-one really knows because they never get a chance.

Sheehan has played first team, his record is excellent, but it's not a long record. Many of us feel he's played quite well for most of the time and the team would love the points ratio which has come from the games he's played, especially if you include the friendlies because we'd be close to top of a fictional League.

Dodds, I'm told, has scored something close to 60 goals in the last two seasons - consistently too - and Porter has provided a good share of them, being, in my view the best attacking passer in the club.

Gradel scored from the wing in something like eight successive games last season and was a constant threat while Conrad Logan is the only goalkeeper in the club who can genuinely dominate the high crosses department.

Now whether, given a proper chance rather than just a token game, those lads can make the transition to Championship football I cannot say for sure, but if they fail they will only be mirroring the achievements of the senior players so there'll be little difference in consequence.

But football wise, they offer quite a lot IF the manager would show faith in them and allow them to settle in and adjust. In our situation when we cannot just go out and buy to plug the weaknesses in our team, one or two at a time would offer a sporting chance of success.

Even the positions they play offer encouragement. We don't have an attacking left back, we don't have a midfielder who passes incisively along the floor, we don't have cover for Low on the right wing and Dodds would be an excellent striker substitute for anyone, whoever he's paired with..

I'm starting to come round to your way of thinking, after seeing what that "better/experianced" players have served up, we may aswell give the youth ago, as you say they can't do any worse than the current lot.

So lets put in some youngsters who are determined and can play attacking football with no fear.

I'm starting to come round to your way of thinking, after seeing what that "better/experianced" players have served up, we may aswell give the youth ago, as you say they can't do any worse than the current lot.

So lets put in some youngsters who are determined and can play attacking football with no fear.

Definatley agree with that. I would love to see either levi, dodds, gradel, even O' Grady start a game

Archived