Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Max Gradel

Does anyone know anything about Max Gradel??

I know he came from Auxurre that's about it. He seemed to scored lots of goals for the reserves last season. I though he was a defender but all the information that links in to Auxurre places him as a forward? Does this guy have genuine quality?

I fear that with the scrapping of the youth team players like Gradel, Porter, Sheehan, Chambers etc will struggle to gain exposure to the first team and leave to further there careers elsewhere.

I know he came from Auxurre that's about it. He seemed to scored lots of goals for the reserves last season. I though he was a defender but all the information that links in to Auxurre places him as a forward? Does this guy have genuine quality?

I fear that with the scrapping of the youth team players like Gradel, Porter, Sheehan, Chambers etc will struggle to gain exposure to the first team and leave to further there careers elsewhere.

Signed from Auxerre as you said, think he has been at West Ham before aswell. He's a right winger.

They haven't scrapped the touth team, what's happened is we've been kicked out of the premiership reserve league so we'll now have to arrange friendlies against teams for reserve matches. Coventry, Derby, etc are also in the same boat.

Since when has the youth team been scrapped? You probably mean the reserve team. From the reports when it was first announced we will be arranging plenty of training games with other championship teams. The only other option was to join a league and play reserve teams from division one and two... who wouldn't of been the greatest standard.

Signed from Auxerre as you said, think he has been at West Ham before aswell. He's a right winger.

They haven't scrapped the touth team, what's happened is we've been kicked out of the premiership reserve league so we'll now have to arrange friendlies against teams for reserve matches. Coventry, Derby, etc are also in the same boat.

Do you kmow if there are any plans to set up an un-affiliated league against the local sides?

Why did we get kicked out of the reserve league?

Is Gradel a good long term prospect for Leicester? Everything I've read about him rates him very highly.....can't be any worse the MoMo or Mabes can he? Altough I'm hoping the emergence of Josh Low might solve the right wing slot.

Is Gradel a good long term prospect for Leicester? Everything I've read about him rates him very highly.....can't be any worse the MoMo or Mabes can he? Altough I'm hoping the emergence of Josh Low might solve the right wing slot.

Not first team material yet. ;):thumbup:

You're right.

But don't even go there SLY. Have more respect for your sanity.

He did come out for the summertime youth-players picnic and they do keep him occupied at the training ground, practising what it's like to be a footballer.

He did score goals, lots of them. And there were near misses too plus all sorts of confusion in opposing defences.

But that was in Academy football and reserve football. It doesn't count. Leicester don't want goals from wingers. They want people to help Stearman. You should know that.

Besides there are already Academy players in the team like Stearman, O'Grady and Weso when he's fit. We've got to include some imported transfers otherwise how else can we waste this year's money?.

PS: There may be academy and Reserve team games this season but there's not a word about em on the OS. Just last season's results and tables that I can see.

How long is long?

You're right.

He did come out for the summertime youth-players picnic and they do keep him occupied at the training ground, practising what it's like to be a footballer.

He did score goals, lots of them. And there were near misses too plus all sorts of confusion in opposing defences.

But that was in Academy football and reserve football. It doesn't count. Leicester don't want goals from wingers. They want people to help Stearman. You should know that.

Besides there are already Academy players in the team like Stearman, O'Grady and Weso when he's fit. We've got to include some imported transfers otherwise how else can we waste this year's money?.

PS: There may be academy and Reserve team games this season but there's not a word about em on the OS. Just last season's results and tables that I can see.

:D:cry:

You're right.

Thracian I feel you, like me are getting delusioned with the goings on of over beloved football club!

We have players with ability, but without letting them harness there potential then why have them at the football club at all.

Why pay a player in the twilight of his career more money than a player who has potential? Why waste the money we obviously do not have.

Why does Tiatto still get in the team? Why did we even offer him a new contract come to think of it?

Why are we playing the likes of Maybury and Stearman on the wings? Robs comments were he wants to make us hard to beat apparently. This tactic isn't working, we lack creativity, we lack any real form of threat.

We are not a Premiership club any longer, the likes of Birmingham, WBA, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Wolves, S'hampton, Sunderland....dare I say it even teams like Burnley have greater potential for playing at the higher level than we do. We are a mid to bottom end Championship club, the table doesn't lie, this is where we have been for two seasons and this is where we'll finish again. I think we are good enough to stay up, (despite the performances that we have seen) but we are not good enough to go up. The championship is a better standard of league than it has been for many years? How do you think the Leicester side that finished 2nd would fair in this league now? Would that team have reached the play offs? I doubt it.

I fear that we may have to sell some of our better players to progress, which means actually playing them in the first place. If we get offers for the likes of Stearman that are £1m+ we must allow them to go. We have players who can fill in at the right back slot.....Maybury for a start. At least play him in his correct position Rob....please!

I think Gradel is an excellent player, if a bit immature and temperamental at times.

He's a traditional winger. He always runs at the opposition has decent control and a clever trick or two and the big bonus is that he's so focused on shooting.

He hits that penalty area with the frequency of trains arriving at St Pancras and he is ruthless about hitting the target. Dangerous? He's a nightmare to mark because if he loses the ball or misses a shot he just tries again.

He's no great defender or tackler and like all wingers he gets upended which often results in comments to the ref which he could do with keeping to himself.

Beter than Low? I don't know. They're both genuine wingers but Low's tall and languid in his style. He's reputedly inconsistent and seems to drift in and out of things. Gradel is more urgent. A sort of Howard Riley but with a softer shot and more subtleties.

I don't suppose you remember Howard Riley but he still attens matches and it would be marvellous to have his view.

I think Gradel is an excellent player, if a bit immature and temperamental at times.

He's a traditional winger. He always runs at the opposition has decent control and a clever trick or two and the big bonus is that he's so focused on shooting.

He hits that penalty area with the frequency of trains arriving at St Pancras and he is ruthless about hitting the target. Dangerous? He's a nightmare to mark because if he loses the ball or misses a shot he just tries again.

He's no great defender or tackler and like all wingers he gets upended which often results in comments to the ref which he could do with keeping to himself.

Beter than Low? I don't know. They're both genuine wingers but Low's tall and languid in his style. He's reputedly inconsistent and seems to drift in and out of things. Gradel is more urgent. A sort of Howard Riley but with a softer shot and more subtleties.

I don't suppose you remember Howard Riley but he still attens matches and it would be marvellous to have his view.

I must admit that I don't remember Howard Riley.

I struggle to think of a genuine winger that we've seen at Leicester in my time, that fits that bill of player you describe.

I always remember Darren Eadie being touted as that sort of player, but unfortunately, for me he never lived up to that billing.

Players mature with age though.

This is the sort of player that lifts a crowd and he could do a job at the current moment in time if he was that bit older. Unfortunately I fear he'll never be given a chance to prove his worth to the team.

I must admit that I don't remember Howard Riley.

I struggle to think of a genuine winger that we've seen at Leicester in my time, that fits that bill of player you describe.

I always remember Darren Eadie being touted as that sort of player, but unfortunately, for me he never lived up to that billing.

Players mature with age though.

This is the sort of player that lifts a crowd and he could do a job at the current moment in time if he was that bit older. Unfortunately I fear he'll never be given a chance to prove his worth to the team.

Lennie Glover was another.

Lennie Glover was another.

You've mentioned Lennie Glover to me before. We need wingers and to play a decent 4-4-2 in my opinion.

Its try and tested football and is basic and simple. Footballs a simple game like Rob says, lets keep it that way.

:thumbup:

I don't suppose you remember Howard Riley but he still attens matches and it would be marvellous to have his view. :

He was our sports teacher, and school footy manager at school.................. he used to get us free tickets to watch city....a real good bloke!!! :thumbup:

You've mentioned Lennie Glover to me before. We need wingers and to play a decent 4-4-2 in my opinion.

Its try and tested football and is basic and simple. Footballs a simple game like Rob says, lets keep it that way.

Not necessarily wingers but players that can add atacking value to your team IMO, something Maybury and Tiatto don't!!!

Who in the youth setup is first team material?

I don't know, but it may be worth giving one or two of them a go, they can hardly do worse than the current bunch can they?

Can gradel play on the left wing? Maybe Low right wing and gradel left wing?

Thracian I feel you, like me are getting delusioned with the goings on of over beloved football club!

We have players with ability, but without letting them harness there potential then why have them at the football club at all.

Why pay a player in the twilight of his career more money than a player who has potential? Why waste the money we obviously do not have.

Why does Tiatto still get in the team? Why did we even offer him a new contract come to think of it?

Why are we playing the likes of Maybury and Stearman on the wings? Robs comments were he wants to make us hard to beat apparently. This tactic isn't working, we lack creativity, we lack any real form of threat.

We are not a Premiership club any longer, the likes of Birmingham, WBA, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Wolves, S'hampton, Sunderland....dare I say it even teams like Burnley have greater potential for playing at the higher level than we do. We are a mid to bottom end Championship club, the table doesn't lie, this is where we have been for two seasons and this is where we'll finish again. I think we are good enough to stay up, (despite the performances that we have seen) but we are not good enough to go up. The championship is a better standard of league than it has been for many years? How do you think the Leicester side that finished 2nd would fair in this league now? Would that team have reached the play offs? I doubt it.

I fear that we may have to sell some of our better players to progress, which means actually playing them in the first place. If we get offers for the likes of Stearman that are £1m+ we must allow them to go. We have players who can fill in at the right back slot.....Maybury for a start. At least play him in his correct position Rob....please!

:thumbup: I can't argue with you. There's a manager to convince though, for a start.

I don't know, but it may be worth giving one or two of them a go, they can hardly do worse than the current bunch can they?

Can gradel play on the left wing? Maybe Low right wing and gradel left wing?

i totally agree that we need to change the wingers, Low played quite well when he came on last night, however i feel Levi Porter deserves a chance in the first team more than Gradel. Porter has been involved in the first team pre-season friendlies for the last two years but is yet to make an appearance, but has the ability to play in the championship.

Archived