1. We’ve scouted him. Along with a whole host of other clubs.
2. Due to him signalling an unwillingness to sign a new contract, he can leave on a free in 30/06/21. So 18 months left. Every passing transfer window, his value plummets.
3. He’d be an offensive upgrades to many teams across Europe but operates more as a LWB, rather than a LB. 5 goals and 6 assists in 19 appearances this season.
4. He’s Brazilian but holds an Italian passport. So EU rules would allow him to get an work permit across Europe. Only 1 game for Brazil, so a work permit may be more difficult in the UK. Who knows what happens come the 31st January!!!
5. He is suspect defensively, which is one of the main reasons teams haven’t opted to take him. He could have joined Inter from Galatasary for €8,500,000, whilst he was on loan. He didn’t exactly set the world alight. He’d be a gamble. Similar to Ricardo when he arrived maybe?