Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fleckney Fox

douglas to go and other unsudstantiated rumours

Why on earth would a team with a good shot at promotion like Norwich, about to sell an ace Goalie (Green) would want to have Douglas :blink:

...if Douglas is being dropped then i cant see him going to another championship side, it'd be either a scottish side or, more likley, a lower league team, then again if we could get a decent replacment on good terms then we might as well just cancel Douglas' contract.

Why on earth would a team with a good shot at promotion like Norwich, about to sell an ace Goalie (Green) would want to have Douglas :blink:

...if Douglas is being dropped then i cant see him going to another championship side, it'd be either a scottish side or, more likley, a lower league team, then again if we could get a decent replacment on good terms then we might as well just cancel Douglas' contract.

You can't just cancel his contract without paying it up in full unless he agrees. That being the case there seems little point in doing it.

I think there should be a ban on FT about posting rumours from that website, there is no reason as to why Norwich would want Douglas when they could buy someone ten times better.

I agree unless you can demonstrate a more reliable source:

From another forum!

just been to the paper shop for a top shelf magazine, couldnt reach so asked the shop assistant, while she was getting a copy of razzle for me (you know the one with the centre fold of that bird) and anyway this shop assistant said rab had been in to cancell his papers cause he was off to norwich.

well they sold rob green they might want another keeper - it could happen !!

:thumbup:

Another semi unreliable source GTFox ( works at the press office on London)

Just been told by a PA reporter who covers the north east, that Sunderland are rething the Maybury deal because Leicester will not let him go for less than £500K which is double Sunderlands offer. Also City are in negotiations with Hull for Elliott with a fee of £400K plus O'Grady, but it is all dependent on cash being generated from the Maybury or other transfers.

There is also some substance in Douglas moving with possibly Hoult coming in as the No 1 keeper.

My problem with these rumours especially ones from footballrumours.com are that anybody with the internet and an email address can post a rumour for totally free. My friends recently have posted rumours about their parents knowing Arsene Wenger, three days later they had been passed through onto the rumours page! :o

Another semi unreliable source GTFox ( works at the press office on London)

Ah, GTFox, how I've missed him...

McGhee to return: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=16678

Sheehan to Man U or Celtic: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=10513

Andy Kirk to sign: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=3356

Heath to the Prem: http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...ost&p=50432

:P

I live close to Quorn and a mate of mine delivers a paper to his house everyday so ill ask him if he's still reciveing papers, and thats not a footy rumours type "im alex fergusons mum" thing thats genuine, also norwhich might want him as a "veteran reliable back up keeeper type" similar to bolton and ian walker. With one difference of couse walker isnt crap

I would like to see him back but surely he is lacking match fitness. When Bolton played him in the UEFA Cup last season he had certainly gained weight.

He's THIRD choice at Bolton now.. :o

But there's NO chance we could afford to take him back, even on loan.. :(

His wages are probably treble those of any in our current squad.

Archived