Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Kelly Praises Young Foxes

I cannot imagine it was anything other than a knock, cramp or something fairly innocuous because they wouldn't have allowed him to continue while they prepared the sub. It does emphasise once again though the need to take time with him. I was a little surprised he had more than one half.

I cannot imagine it was anything other than a knock, cramp or something fairly innocuous because they wouldn't have allowed him to continue while they prepared the sub. It does emphasise once again though the need to take time with him. I was a little surprised he had more than one half.

Pleasant surprise I think.

I was expecting him to get about an hour (and he duly did so) because that seems the norm with the younger playes/those coming back from injury. Give them an hour then take them off. It follows a very familiar pattern.

Magical 60 minutes, perhaps because thats the 2/3rds point - quite a milestone, really I'd have thought.

Rob Kelly has said in his post-match press conference that "Wesolowski was just slightly fatigued which is to be expect as he is still on his way back from injury". This was afterall his first decent spell of competitive action for a fair while. He's only made brief sub appearances and friendly appearances since coming back from the last leg break. Tonight was a step in the right direction for him.

Bench for Saturday then?

Hard to tell really. Putting him on the bench would seem a bit of a backwards step to me after playing 60 minutes tonight but I find Hughes struggles to get involved in games when entering as a substitute and he has put in a couple of decent displays recently, notably Ipswich at home, so he may well start. Even though Johnson has his critics, me included, he does bring a voice of experience to a young team. Bit of a selection headache in that area of the pitch when all four are fit which seems to be the case now. I feel it's important we play the best pairing and not the best two central midfielders because how the two work together is more important than what they can do individually. Williams individually can be a good player but I'm not sure who he works with best yet.

Hey all

Well I have to say that Weso has been really impresive this season for the Foxes and that is really encouraging as not only is he a Fox, he's an Aussie too... :)

Glad to see he had a good impact on the game against Macclesfield and I hope he is ok to play this weekend... he is a talent in the making for my money.

Hey all

Well I have to say that Weso has been really impresive this season for the Foxes and that is really encouraging as not only is he a Fox, he's an Aussie too... :)

Glad to see he had a good impact on the game against Macclesfield and I hope he is ok to play this weekend... he is a talent in the making for my money.

Welcome :thumbup:

He will be quality and already is our best midfield player, lets hope he has no more bad luck on the injury front.

Keep our name going round in Oz we have Kisnorbo and Tiatto aswell, spread the word :cool:

Hey all

Welcome, Ozfox311!!!

I think weso will be on the bench, as there is no urgency or neccesity for him to start!!!

Here

Interesting to see our attendance was fourth highest yet it was under 7k.

Didn't say anything about Weso though.

bloody SSN decided to pick our game out to say the attendence and described it in a negative way when clubs like Crystal Palace only got 3-4k :mad:

Archived