Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wycombe Fox

Bestival 2006

Anyone going to the Bestival on the Isle of Wight this weekend?

Weather due to be scorching!

Scissor Sisters, Pet Shop Boys, Gogol Bordello, The Stranglers, Brian Eno, Lily Allen, The Guillemots, The Bees, Kid Creole and The Coconuts, Scritti Politti etc etc

I'm off to set my tent up in a bit.

Up the City v WBA!

Scissor Sisters, Pet Shop Boys, Gogol Bordello, The Stranglers, Brian Eno, Lily Allen, The Guillemots, The Bees, Kid Creole and The Coconuts, Scritti Politti etc etc

Finally saw Gogol Bordello for the first time at Leeds Festival - Well worth seeing IMHO :ph34r:

Will somebody tell me about this Guillemots?

They seem to be playing everywhere and I've never heard anything they've done.

They horrible Jim - They were on before Gogol Bordello at Leeds (and the stage times were running late) - So I had the misfortune of seeing / hearing a couple of their tracks

Yukkety doo dah :ph34r:

' date='Sep 8 2006, 02:52 PM' post='392432']

DJ YODA IS PLAYING.

It's worth it just for DJ Yoda.

Plus he's giving out 100 limited edition tshirts, two of them gold, and if you get a gold one you get to meet the chap himself.

Woman, take me in your arms, rock me baby, rock the funky beat, rock, rock, rock, rock the funky beat.

That whole album is awesome. Tony Mozzarelli loves 80s Pop.

Woman, take me in your arms, rock me baby, rock the funky beat, rock, rock, rock, rock the funky beat.

That whole album is awesome. Tony Mozzarelli loves 80s Pop.

My ringtone was George Formby Turntablized for ages.

Now it's the "Through The Dragon's Eye" theme.

North or South, East or West, the quest...

Scritti Politti were brilliant as were Tilly and The Wall!

Bed at 4 this morning, home for a shower then back to see Nizlopi, The Bees, Lily Allen, Kid Creole and The Coconuts then the Pet Shop Boys.

It's an amazing festival - if any of you get the chance to go DO IT!!!

Must take radio so that I can get updates on the City!

Finally saw Gogol Bordello for the first time at Leeds Festival - Well worth seeing IMHO :ph34r:

I purchased their album a while ago very different but has some awsome tracks and a couple of dodgy ones!!

Start wearing purple is one of my favourites!!!

What a weekend!

Top acts all over the site. Best ones for me were, in order;

1. Kid Creole and The Coconuts. Didn't know what to expect as it's been a few years and a long silence since he was 'on the scene' but what a show he put on! Great showman!

2. Pet Shop Boys. Again it's not always the music alone but the whole stage package - brilliant!

3. The Stranglers. All the old favourites except No More Heroes. Is there a legal issue with Hugh Cornwell? Really banged them out.

4. Lily Allen. Tracks from her latest album really suited the atmosphere and weather on Saturday afternoon.

5. Nizlopi. Played in a tent to about 300 of us. Great sound from two blokes, one on a double bass, the other on acoustic guitar. Really played the audience - good fun - sing-a-long JCB Song!

6. Scritti Politti. Again, played in a tent to about 300 people late on Friday night. Songs mainly from their new album. Typical Green Gartside sound. Ace!

7. Scissor Sisters. Great way to end a great weekend. Their music doesn't really 'do it' for me but they put on a great show.

These were the ones that stood out for me. There were so many different sounds coming from so many different areas of the site you just took your pick and headed to what ever sound floated your boat at that particular moment.

Wierd moment was a Ronaldinho look-a-like selling balloons filled with laughing gas at £1.50 a time. He was chain ballooning them one after the other. He was on a totally different planet! I had to have a go of course and was my first call after hearing City's result v WBA :blink::(:cry:

The weather was great as was the whole organisation - I couldn't recommend this one high enough! Roll on Bestival 2007

What a weekend!

Top acts all over the site. Best ones for me were, in order;

1. Kid Creole and The Coconuts. Didn't know what to expect as it's been a few years and a long silence since he was 'on the scene' but what a show he put on! Great showman!

How were the coconuts? - They must be knocking on a bit - Saw them at a festival in France in the mid 80s - The coconuts were well fit then :ph34r:

Maybe the Kid has replaced them with newer models? :P

How many quids does this Bestival set you back then??

How were the coconuts? - They must be knocking on a bit - Saw them at a festival in France in the mid 80s - The coconuts were well fit then :ph34r:

Maybe the Kid has replaced them with newer models? :P

How many quids does this Bestival set you back then??

Definitely new Coconuts unless there was the biggest plastic surgery job in history recently!

One was from London, one from Copenhagen and one from Stockholm - very fit! Tiny little belts, sorry I mean skirts!

Adult tickets for the weekend were £95 including campsite. How does that compare with other three day festivals?

Children's tickets were half the adult price. Good family place - even had a tent for breastfeeding mothers and pregnant ladies to chill out in. It was called the Brestival!!!

There are some pictures up already on www.iwradio.co.uk and www.solent.tv

Archived