lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 So I'm very interested in purchasing myself the white away shirt this year, rather than the home shirt (as I still think it doesn't look all that good). Problem is, my university's bookstore and my credit card company are joining forces this month to give me a real sore arse, fiscally speaking. So I'd rather suspend other planned expenditure, if possible, to avoid a cash crunch this month. Having a bit of a balance on my credit card already isn't helping me. So I was wondering if anyone knew if the White Away (size XL) shirt would be running low on availability soon - if not already. I noticed they dropped the price today, or whatever, and am hoping the resulting rush (haha!) won't deplete the remaining stock before I can get my grubby hands on one. Anyone know anything? Thanks!
Foxes_Trust Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 So I'm very interested in purchasing myself the white away shirt this year, rather than the home shirt (as I still think it doesn't look all that good). Problem is, my university's bookstore and my credit card company are joining forces this month to give me a real sore arse, fiscally speaking. So I'd rather suspend other planned expenditure, if possible, to avoid a cash crunch this month. Having a bit of a balance on my credit card already isn't helping me. So I was wondering if anyone knew if the White Away (size XL) shirt would be running low on availability soon - if not already. I noticed they dropped the price today, or whatever, and am hoping the resulting rush (haha!) won't deplete the remaining stock before I can get my grubby hands on one. Anyone know anything? Thanks! Dropped price = plenty of stock, not running out, based on past experience
The People's Hero Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 How much are they now? I'm going to get a white one if they are sensible prices. The blue one is horrific.
PAULCFC Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 I'm goingn for the yellow one when they put it down to a tenner as they will!Also going for this years blue one i n january for the same price.I'm sure they'll have loads left.
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 20 quid short sleeve, 25 long IIRC. And I was right... Away and 3rd Kits are 20 or 25 quid for short or long sleeves
The People's Hero Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 The white one is actually quite nice IMO. I liked the old black one too. Don't suppose it's still available?
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 The white one is actually quite nice IMO. I liked the old black one too. Don't suppose it's still available? I like the white one too... I'm regretting my decision to pass up the oppourtunity of getting the black thunderbirds one - it was class. And to find one, try Ebay
PAULCFC Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 i've got the black one if anyone wants it,hardly worn.bought it but thought i looked like virgil in it! ps size xxl
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 Dropped price = plenty of stock, not running out, based on past experience Perhaps I can avoid financial meltdown this month, then. If I fail to obtain one, I'll blame the Foxes Trust, though. :laugh: Only kidding.
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 i've got the black one if anyone wants it,hardly worn.bought it but thought i looked like virgil in it! ps size xxl :laugh: TPH might want it, but XXL would bury him - and his current squeeze. As for looking like Virgil... I think you have issues, have you ever seen that guy up close? Talk about wooden!
PAULCFC Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 ah well,it's at the bottom of the drawer at the moment,thought it was a really good shirt 'till i put it on!think i'll stick to the blue!
PAULCFC Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 just to clarify things i'm not fat!it's just that i'm 6ft4 tall and have to get large things for the sleeves to fit!
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 just to clarify things i'm not fat!it's just that i'm 6ft4 tall and have to get large things for the sleeves to fit! Actually, you're just confirming what I suspected. Afterall, Virgil was hardly fat
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 I'm only 6ft myself, and found the long sleeved Le Coq Sportif shirt in 'Large' just doesn't have long enough sleeves. They're basically perfect length for someone a shade under six foot tall, and I'm a whisker over six. I went for XL from JJB and found the size to be much more suitable. I've decided to go for short sleeve this time, just to change things up a bit.
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 The great thing about the Thunderbird's kit, though, you must admit, is that at least the team wore it once in a while.
PAULCFC Posted 11 September 2006 Posted 11 September 2006 I'm only 6ft myself, and found the long sleeved Le Coq Sportif shirt in 'Large' just doesn't have long enough sleeves. They're basically perfect length for someone a shade under six foot tall, and I'm a whisker over six. I went for XL from JJB and found the size to be much more suitable. I've decided to go for short sleeve this time, just to change things up a bit. That's the thing when your a lanky streak of p*** like me!Are you going tonite?
lookwhaticando Posted 11 September 2006 Author Posted 11 September 2006 That's the thing when your a lanky streak of p*** like me!Are you going tonite? Alas, no. I'm a bit remote (3,400 miles). Ottawa-Leicester would be a bitch of a commute for city games. The appearance of 'Castle Donnington' in my 'From:' field under my avatar is to explain my support for Leicester City, and represents my birthplace - but not, unfortunately, my current location.
PAULCFC Posted 12 September 2006 Posted 12 September 2006 Shame ,but to be honest i don't think you'll miss much!If we don't beat these then i think there will have to be a rethink on what's hapening at our club!
PAULCFC Posted 12 September 2006 Posted 12 September 2006 On your reply about the thunderbird kit ,remember us wearing it at cardiff last year,the trouble with the white one is that that every team we play away,if we're not in blue has a white/blue/red stripes home kit.so it makes it a bit redundant!I think tottenham have got the right idea shitty brown for the away kit!
lookwhaticando Posted 12 September 2006 Author Posted 12 September 2006 On your reply about the thunderbird kit ,remember us wearing it at cardiff last year,the trouble with the white one is that that every team we play away,if we're not in blue has a white/blue/red stripes home kit.so it makes it a bit redundant!I think tottenham have got the right idea shitty brown for the away kit! I thought their away kit this year was that awful pea-soup kit?
Lester LXXIV Posted 12 September 2006 Posted 12 September 2006 On the OS they're advertising what I think is the yellow short sleeve but with a pic of Hughes wearing a long sleeve version, very confusin for a thicko like me!!
The People's Hero Posted 12 September 2006 Posted 12 September 2006 The Thunderbirds one is great. The current home kit - I thought it would grow on me, but seriously I hate it. The sponsor bit is so tacky and horrible. Suppose we'll have to get used to this, being a cr ap Championship side.
lookwhaticando Posted 12 September 2006 Author Posted 12 September 2006 The Thunderbirds one is great. The current home kit - I thought it would grow on me, but seriously I hate it. The sponsor bit is so tacky and horrible. Suppose we'll have to get used to this, being a cr ap Championship side. Wear your white away kit with pride, then, my good man And if you don't have one, buy one... NOW!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.