Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

Relegation form gathers pace

We've got no leaders.
Exactly. Who's there picking up the pieces when the game is going away from us? Noone, that's who. The nearest we have is Paddy Mac bawling at his colleagues for every mistake, and whilst you can't say he doesn't care, it's not the best approach to have.

Exactly. Who's there picking up the pieces when the game is going away from us? Noone, that's who. The nearest we have is Paddy Mac bawling at his colleagues for every mistake, and whilst you can't say he doesn't care, it's not the best approach to have.

Especially when he's making so many himself - which is not to criticise him, after all he's just a young guy learning his trade - he just isn't right yet for the captaincy - not that there are many other options - I would have gone for Kisnorbo.

There's no-one with any inspiration either. Hume on his day is very inspiring, but when the going gets tough he can't influence them either.

Johnson waves his arms about ala Dublin, but that is only to disguise his glaring short comings as a footballer.

I bet he is capable of 60 minutes, which is much more effective for the team than 80-90 minutes of Hughes and the awful Johnson.

Weso is ready, he was born ready.

So if you think Johnson has been awful, what's your thoughts on Hughes? In my opinion Hughes is the weak link in the midfield.....

So if you think Johnson has been awful, what's your thoughts on Hughes? In my opinion Hughes is the weak link in the midfield.....

Hughes has been terrible, apart from a few patches of play in the first half on tuesday night. But Hughes doesn't play the sort of role that we are in desperate need of like Johnson plays. Luckily, Wesolowski is a perfect replacement for Johnson. That then leaves either Hughes or Williams to take up, both are crap more often than not. But both do have the ability, something the manager needs to drag out of them.

Especially when he's making so many himself - which is not to criticise him, after all he's just a young guy learning his trade - he just isn't right yet for the captaincy - not that there are many other options - I would have gone for Kisnorbo.

Looking at the current squad, I would agree. Paddy Mac reminds me, and so it seems a few others, of a young Steve Walsh, and whilst he turned out to be a fantastic captain, when he first came here, I would have laughed at such a suggestion. Rather than giving him the responsibility, I would have him learn his game.
There's no-one with any inspiration either. Hume on his day is very inspiring, but when the going gets tough he can't influence them either.

Johnson waves his arms about ala Dublin, but that is only to disguise his glaring short comings as a footballer.

You can tell when things aren't right off the pitch when those on it spend too much time blaming everyone else.

Hughes has been terrible, apart from a few patches of play in the first half on tuesday night. But Hughes doesn't play the sort of role that we are in desperate need of like Johnson plays. Luckily, Wesolowski is a perfect replacement for Johnson. That then leaves either Hughes or Williams to take up, both are crap more often than not. But both do have the ability, something the manager needs to drag out of them.

To be fair, I haven't seen enough of Weso to form an opinion, so whether or not he is a "perfect replacement for Johnson" isn't something I can comment on, so I'll just have to take your word for it.

Personally, from what I've seen, I'd have a midfield 4 of Low / Williams / Johnson / Porter.

Archived