Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City Team in a Reserve League

Back to that old chestnut of not having a City team in a Reserve League - can ANYONE explain to me why we did not enter a side in the Pontins League ? I see from today's paper that Birmingham, F****t, Stoke, Port Vale & West Brom are all playing tonight in Pontins League Division 1 Central (and there might be other Midland clubs). If those 'local' clubs enter a team, why didn't we ?!

We would've been in the same reserve league as last season if the premier league hadn't decided to make the reserve league only for premier league teams.

Yeah I know, but the point is, other clubs managed to make the switch in time - Birmingham & West Brom could'nt have been sure they'd be in the Championship 'til fairly late last season and they managed to sort out a place in the Pontins League !

You usually get a deathly silence on anything they don't want to talk about! :(

Foxes Trust might be able to give a view though. Unless it's top secret.

Yes, go on Foxes Trust, ask them ! I'll bet no one will admit that someone in Admin didn't pick up on the fact, that there would be no Championship clubs in the Prem Reserve League - and that we would have to apply elsewhere to get in. They're b****y hopeless !

Yeah I know, but the point is, other clubs managed to make the switch in time - Birmingham & West Brom could'nt have been sure they'd be in the Championship 'til fairly late last season and they managed to sort out a place in the Pontins League !

Precisely. :thumbup:

Does anyone know if there's a related cost issue that may have held the board back from entering the league?

That's the only reason I can think of - the board didn't want to spend the money needed to be a part of the league. That's not a great reason either - saving a few bob might cost us dearly when we have to call up unfit players to the first team. :(

Archived