Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

QPR pre match meet up

If one of the guys could make this sticky it'd be appreciated!

After much chit chat I have taken it upon myself to organise this one - even though I have not met any of you before.

Time: 12 noon

Venue: The Porterhouse - Covent Garden

Then hopefully we can set off to the ground merrily at about 2....

This is a decent pub which does beers from around the world, and some outstanding lunches, which will no doubt beat the pies down on Loftus Road

Directions:

Come out of Covent Garden Underground Station & Walk down the hill to the Market Place. Walk around the market to the right and on the other side you will see a Pizza hut on the corner. Go down the road to the left of to the Pizza Hut, and take the first right. The pub is about 50 yrds down this street. A map is on the website below anyway.

Pub Info:

Here

Lunch Menu:

Here

If anyone has a better suggestion for a venue then please say so.

If you could reply if you are coming and I will stick it in a list on this page.

If you want my mobile number in case you get lost PM me as I'm not posting it on here. Oh yeah, and if you can post your real names thatd be good too.

Cheers

Monk/Martyn :thumbup:

Who is coming

Monk

Fez of the Muzz

Foxile74

Foxile74's Wolves fan mate

TPH

I'm bringing a mate along who is a Wolves fan but has offered to wear a City shirt for the day

gawd bless him!

Thats pretty tough on him! But if he wore a wolves shirt he is banned

ill do my best to show up wiv 3 mates . we are parking at stanmore and doing the "sites" until about 12 ish so will try head there after

Nice one. Even if you miss lunch you can grab a pint and we can go down to the ground together

how about postin pics as avators so we know who we're lookin for and who we're talkin to?? Unless you're all plannin on wearing colours and name badges?? lol

Yeah OK I will sort that tonight - or see my myspace page in sig. Dont have the current shirt so will be in covert clothing.

Alternatively I can wait outside until everyone arrives.

I plan to be in O.Neils Bar at sheperds bush green before the match. The porter house is in central london and a good 45 mins tube ride and walk to stadium. Was at O.Neils when we played QPR last Jan and its the only pub that lets in away fans and about 5 min walk from the ground.

The Porterhouse sounds well worth checking out.

However, there's a problem with drinking there on Saturday (see page 5 of this thread).

I'm probably heading straight up to Shepherds Bush from Victoria and having pre-match refreshment there.

The Porterhouse sounds well worth checking out.

However, there's a problem with drinking there on Saturday (see page 5 of this thread).

I'm probably heading straight up to Shepherds Bush from Victoria and having pre-match refreshment there.

I'd happily do this if others are up for it?

I plan to be in O.Neils Bar at sheperds bush green before the match. The porter house is in central london and a good 45 mins tube ride and walk to stadium. Was at O.Neils when we played QPR last Jan and its the only pub that lets in away fans and about 5 min walk from the ground.

That's a good call. I drank in there last season as well, so will probably head there this time too.

I've had to change my plans after all this!! My best mate is coming all the way from Plymouth to watch Argyle @ Palace so i'm diverting to sunny Wimbledon to have a pint. Probably get to Shepherds Bush @ 14:00.

How far is the ground from the underground station?? :unsure:

I've had to change my plans after all this!! My best mate is coming all the way from Plymouth to watch Argyle @ Palace so i'm diverting to sunny Wimbledon to have a pint. Probably get to Shepherds Bush @ 14:00.

How far is the ground from the underground station?? :unsure:

It's about a 10/15 minute walk if I remember correctly. You could double check on the TFL website though. :thumbup:

Archived