Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave

Dodds

Think he would have had a good chance of being on the bench in recent games with the injuries we've had.

Would be good to give him a couple of weeks more on loan then start blodding him with 20 mins form the bench.

Opportunities will sry up for a while once Fryatt is back though

Is that because you know Fryatt is better than Dodds or because you know Kelly will pick Fryatt?.

I know Fryatt is better than Dodds, it's farily common knowledge. Dodds has the potential to be a good player, but Fryatt has proved at Championship and League One level that he's a great striker. Ok, so he's had a poor start to the season. But it was only 8 or 9 games he's played and he had 2 goals wrongly disallowed in his first 3 matches that had they stood would have started his season nicely for him. Fryatt at youth level (which is all Dodds can be judged on) was absolutely devastating according to a Walsall fan I know, he set all sorts of records. He also has had a very good record at youth level for England and scored frequently for various ages groups, Dodds only made a couple of appearances for England youth.

That's not to say Dodds isn't going to be good, but most if not all professional footballers had/have a great academy record because if you don't then you'll certainly not get a chance in the first team. Dodds deserves a chance, but it's too early to say whetehr he's going to be a good first team footballer or not.

And so he should. With his record, he ought to be scoring for fun in the conference. ;)

69:03 GOAL - Louis Dodds

Stevenage 0 - Northwich 2

Goal by Louis Dodds (Northwich) right-footed (low centre of goal) from left side of penalty area (12 yards).Stevenage 0-2 Northwich. Assist (pass) by Kevin Townson (Northwich) from centre of penalty area.

:)

That was last week :thumbup: Northwich played Cambridge today in the FA Cup.

Nuts. :P

Still, sounds like a good goal all the same. :whistle::P

A blow for the Dodds fans hoping he'll play for the team at some point... it wont be in the FA Cup. :whistle:

A frenetic start included a wasted opportunity for Stevenage when Boyd dragged his shot wide when well placed quickly followed by a Vics response that ended with both Carr and Dodds having shots blocked in immediate succession.

Vics website

Much of the credit should go to the vision and industry of Townson who cleverly worked an opening down the left channel before pulling the ball back for DODDS to drill a 14-yard shot into the net and score is second goal in consecutive games.

:@ I've been f/cking duped by their supporter's trust. :laugh:

I am a total idiot for not checking the dates. Apologies all. I'm off to find the facts, I shall return in a few hours with the truth about Dodds!!

Top stuff. Doing all that could be asked of him out there - playing in the first team and also scoring goals. You've gota feel that Kelly is keeping a close eye on his situation and will perhaps start giving him a chance when he returns from his loan spell.

Archived