Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Rottweiler and pup limping

Well, well, well.

From RK on the OS: "Stephen Hughes is carrying a thigh injury and is very doubtful for the game, as is Danny Tiatto, who has a groin problem.

Apart from this being yet another injury to Danny and the fact that losing both our bustling midfielders at the same time is not ideal, Kelly would seem to have the ideal chance to make a statement with his team and, if he makes it, for the team to show what the fans have been missing.

There's no doubt City are falling like ninepins under the ridiculous system where we miss a week because of internationals and then play three games in eight days but, the question now is what will the team be.

Agreement or not I'd go:

Logan;

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Nils;

Porter, King, Wesolowski, Welsh;

Hammond, Hume.

Subs: Henderson, Maybury O'Grady, Gradel, Odihambo.

Hopefully MON will be charitable and field his under 16s or something! I can't remember an injury crisis as bad as this for a while, could there be a case for Kisnorbo filling in CM? I know he was shite there under Levein, but we're desperate!

well this time round if PK is shite in midfield we wont want him hounded out, and will he really be as bad as johnson or hughes anyway?

well this time round if PK is shite in midfield we wont want him hounded out, and will he really be as bad as johnson or hughes anyway?

Worse. :cry: RK goes on about the right players in the right positions. :whistle:

Hopefully MON will be charitable and field his under 16s or something! I can't remember an injury crisis as bad as this for a while, could there be a case for Kisnorbo filling in CM? I know he was shite there under Levein, but we're desperate!

I don't think we should mess with the defence - especially in these drastic circumstances.

We've still got a few midfielders left...and there must be one or two among you lot!!!! :D

I don't think we should mess with the defence - especially in these drastic circumstances.

We've still got a few midfielders left...and there must be one or two among you lot!!!! :D

If Porter is fit, I can see him starting - either in the middle or on the left. Welsh will also start (I'm assuming he's allowed to since he won't be able to play for Sunderland in the cup anyway) - left or middle, depending where Porter is. Weso almost certainly has to start in the middle, and Low will be on the right.

That's essentially 4 of our 5 available midfielders - the 5th being *groan* Sylla. Sadly, I see Sylla making the bench, not one of King/Gradel or any of the Academy lads. I could be wrong though, Dodds did make the bench, so perhaps we'll see one of the kids bench-warming tomorrow. ;)

You like King Don't you?

It was the Soton game i think where you predicted he would stat aswell :D

Not quite predicted. I selected the side I'd like to play. I don't think RK and I are ever likely to agree on a team because I'd never play Low or Sylla and I'd never have Maybury in midfield - not even in our present predicament.

I think King has so many of the things which are missing from our attacking midfielders, that's all. He's still got rough edges but present incumbents won't ever do what he does so the drawbacks probably balance out either way.

It's the same with Gradel really. Indifferent defender, a bit temperamental but he does attack the box and has a lethal shot from all sorts of ranges. So you get something but RK might say you lose something.

Not too sure how he's gona go in this one, but I'd go:

Logan

Maybury (rb)

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nils (lb)

Stearman

Wesolowski

Tiatto

Porter (Would say Welsh but I'm not sure if he's eligible)

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume

Hammond

Subs: Hendo, Low, J*hns*n (Porter in place of AJ if Welsh is available), Hughes, O'Grady

Not too sure how he's gona go in this one, but I'd go:

Logan

Maybury (rb)

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nils (lb)

Stearman

Wesolowski

Tiatto

Porter (Would say Welsh but I'm not sure if he's eligible)

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuume

Hammond

Subs: Hendo, Low, J*hns*n (Porter in place of AJ if Welsh is available), Hughes, O'Grady

Word has it Porter won't make it, he's not fit.

Welsh you'd imagine would be free to play as Blunderland aren't in the cup any more. So we should be free to cuptie him as we please. :D

Oh and Johnson won't make it, he's not fit either. Hughes is struggling, rated doubtful. You've got to change half your bench (outfield-wise anyway) :P

Word has it Porter won't make it, he's not fit.

Welsh you'd imagine would be free to play as Blunderland aren't in the cup any more. So we should be free to cuptie him as we please. :D

Oh and Johnson won't make it, he's not fit either. Hughes is struggling, rated doubtful. You've got to change half your bench (outfield-wise anyway) :P

You never know with their bunch though - they're a dodgy lot and I wouldn't be surprised if their managerial team just didn't let him play to spite us lol!! :(

I hope Porter can make the bench at least - I'd really hate to have to call on J*hns*n for such an important game, it'd be suicide-like on our part

Archived