Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Your price on the clubs head?

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is the price of your soul?

• Anyone can take the club, anyone but the current board
    • A rich person who aims to rack up Man United style debt
    • A rich person who will pump his own cash into the club
    • A consortium that will sell us off after promotion
    • A local person made good that will just tick us over
    • The Trust should run the club for the fans

Somebody who knows what they are doing. Someone with some footballing background when it comes to running a football club. Someone who isn't afraid to take risks and who knows what they want to achieve. Someone who has money to pump in, or has a financially sound business plan to generate revenue for us to compete at a higher level.

Milan Mandaric has all of the above. Even if he took a few loans out, if he replicates what he did at Portsmouth then we'll have no problems whatsoever. He had to take loans out at Portsmouth because a) he wasn't as rich as he is now and b) Portsmouth had absolutely no money and their assets (i.e. their ground, etc were very poor). Here, although we have no money, we do have a new ground and a fairly large fan base that would bring more money in once we get back to the premiership and can start paying it off. It's effectively a mortgage, so if Mandaric can get us back in to the premiership and fund us with cash to compete then we'll start to generate more revenue and we can put together a good football club.

I think we are building something worthwhile at Leicester right now and would be perfectly happy for that to continue.

That doesn't mean my mind is forever closed to alternative possibilities but I don't like what football has come to represent at some clubs and my gut feeling is that I'd rather feel proud of what we do than to feel that we have simply become part of a soulless money-obsessed trading exercise.

Incomers like McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Nils and Hume have given much to the club but when I see the likes of Logan, Porter, Stearman, Wesolowski, O'Grady I feel that their years and years with the club gives them a connection far greater than some faceless Finn who turns up from nowhere in particular.

And when I see others like Chambers, Odihambo, King, Gradel, Billy McKay and Mattock waiting in the wings I don't really want some rent-a-club character coming along and wrecking their way forward by bringing in a busload of playing mercenaries who so often disappoint in my experience.

If it means us staying in the Championship for another season or two so what. I'd support Leicester if we still played on Victoria Park. I have no respect at all for the likes of Chelsea. In fact, to me, they are a curse on the game.

I like my teams to evolve. Not to be brought in like flying pickets.

I think we are building something worthwhile at Leicester right now and would be perfectly happy for that to continue.

That doesn't mean my mind is forever closed to alternative possibilities but I don't like what football has come to represent at some clubs and my gut feeling is that I'd rather feel proud of what we do than to feel that we have simply become part of a soulless money-obsessed trading exercise.

Incomers like McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Nils and Hume have given much to the club but when I see the likes of Logan, Porter, Stearman, Wesolowski, O'Grady I feel that their years and years with the club gives them a connection far greater than some faceless Finn who turns up from nowhere in particular.

And when I see others like Chambers, Odihambo, King, Gradel, Billy McKay and Mattock waiting in the wings I don't really want some rent-a-club character coming along and wrecking their way forward by bringing in a busload of playing mercenaries who so often disappoint in my experience.

If it means us staying in the Championship for another season or two so what. I'd support Leicester if we still played on Victoria Park. I have no respect at all for the likes of Chelsea. In fact, to me, they are a curse on the game.

I like my teams to evolve. Not to be brought in like flying pickets.

I'm happy to see the club authorise a good youth policy and we have some talented youngsters here but i've seen no signs of the club actually improving and being able to challenge for promotion and then stay competing at a higher level. I find it very hard to believe that this club could get promoted and stay up with the current set-up, if it did happen it would be one of footballs major surprises and there aren't many of those that happen.

I'm afraid to say that football in this day and age is money orientated and if we get the chance to have an owner who can take us places then that's how it's got to be.

I'd like to agree with Thracian, but I feel that stance is of a bygone era. There's nothing I'd like more than ticking over, building a factory to bring players through, having one manager for ever (in the Dario Gradi style)...but those days are gone I fear. Maybe I got corrupted somewhere along the line by Thatcher, maybe I hooked into the 'I want it all now' culture a bit too much.

I want to see skillful players playing competitively at the top flight (and in Europe?). I want to see the ground packed to the rafters each week with a crowd that intimidates with the noise they make. So, if I can not be reborn Brasilian and go to the Maracana, I want someone to fix it for me so that it happens here. And I want it now. I do.

Jimmy Saville doesn't sit boys on his knee anymore, so I'll sell my soul for a foreign speculator to come in and give it to me instead. I'm prepared to swap the midtable averageness and potential future financial disasters for a decent five to ten years in the top flight again, hosting decent sides that play football...not the bollocks that Colchester and Palace came to the Walkers to play.

Archived