Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Brummie-FOX

Who's disappointed?

Not disappointed were out of the cup but disappointed we didn't beat the scum.

All I wanted was to beat Villa then we could get knocked out in the next round for all I care.

How embaressing would that be for "unbeaten" (At the time) Villa come to Championship side aswell as rivals Leicester and lose!

I'm disappointed. We came so close to a penalty shoot out. Football is all about fantastic journeys, unlikely as they might be. Such competitions can also breed a winning mentality which is vital for anyone intending to top a League or achieve promotion. You cannot have the mindset where you believe any opposition is better than you.

Like you Thrac I'm disappointed. It would have provided a wonderful euphoria around the place on our journey ahead. As a result of the game 2 tired teams emerged, Villa getting their bum kicked by Liverpool and us drawing a game we should have won. At least we softened Villa up.

Just watched the Villa highlights, and I can't believe people were pinning that last Villa goal solely on Low's bad clearance.

Fair enough he should have let it go (there were three defenders in front of Henderson - he had plenty of space), but then there's a blunder where two players (can't see who they are) go in for the ball together and knock each other over, and the only reason the ball went into the net after the resulting shot was from a Paddy Mac deflection.

I think Disco Bob has hit the nail on the head with this one - looked like we were physically stuffed by the end of the game.

Didn't it go in off McAuley?? 'Cos I don't think Big Mac played that game :S:P

We were absolutely shattered by the end of the game, and Villa's superior fitness levels led to them piling on the pressure towards the end and is what gave them their final goal. Bet the ref was glad he didn't have to stay for the shootout. He'd of put us infront of the Family Stand near the Villa end anyway :angry:

Gutted we didn't get to penalties as we deserved to, it's just one of them things that ex-gaffers always get away with against us and seems to work in favour of unbeaten sides :(

Didn't it go in off McAuley?? 'Cos I don't think Big Mac played that game :S:P

We were absolutely shattered by the end of the game, and Villa's superior fitness levels led to them piling on the pressure towards the end and is what gave them their final goal. Bet the ref was glad he didn't have to stay for the shootout. He'd of put us infront of the Family Stand near the Villa end anyway :angry:

Gutted we didn't get to penalties as we deserved to, it's just one of them things that ex-gaffers always get away with against us and seems to work in favour of unbeaten sides :(

You're right - it was McAuley, my bad :P

Sounded like we just couldn't keep up towards the end. That's why it would've been great to have a crack through penalties :)

You're right - it was McAuley, my bad :P

Sounded like we just couldn't keep up towards the end. That's why it would've been great to have a crack through penalties :)

Thought so :P:thumbup:

Nah we couldn't keep up at all towards the end, and Villa were coming on increasingly stronger as extra time wore on. It got to the point where we pretty much couldn't get past the D of the halfway line in their half, and our lads were dead on their feet. The way and time in which we lost was very cruel on us, but the recognition and acknowledgment they got from the Kop was outstanding, as was the performance for probably 110-115 minutes of the game.

Archived