Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

The McAuley handball?

i cant believe people are complaining that a it was a penalty and red card.

he handled it on the line ??????? :smile:

There were enough QPR fans who saw it, as well as the ref.

And the final conclusive proof is shown by the pic in tonight's Mercury.

I can't believe ANYONE, even on here, is questioning that it was handball!

:blink: I don't think anyone is now that they've seen conclusive proof.

I queried the call originally as I was trying to see it from the video highlights - which wasn't working terribly well for me, no matter how slow I played the video or how close I could zoom in, I failed to see the handball.

Now I've seen conclusive proof, I know it'd be daft to refute it. :whistle:

As I feared - the players knew what had happened, which explains the lack of serious protest at the sending off.

Oh well, Gareth, you silly boy... ;)

I do remember one Muzzy Izzet, whilst at Birmingham clearly handballing it on the line - so Gareth's in good company. :banana:

Interesting that he came clean about it. :)

I also remember the handball that Muzzy did against Man City, which lead to us gettin a penalty and then a mass brawl, Dickov still missed the peno like.

He owned up to that one though.

i cant believe people are complaining that a it was a penalty and red card.

he handled it on the line ??????? :smile:

FFS!

Some of us didn't spot it at the time; easily done as quite a lot of fans were applauding what they thought looked like a good header.

Some of us also wouldn't wipe our arses with the NOTW let alone read it. So why would we be aware of the interview where Gareth held his hands up (excusing the pun, although perhaps I should highlight it :whistle: ).

I can't believe SOME people have horses so high AND manage to get on them. :rolleyes:

Then people wonder why I don't post as much in this forum.

FFS!

Some of us didn't spot it at the time; easily done as quite a lot of fans were applauding what they thought looked like a good header.

Some of us also wouldn't wipe our arses with the NOTW let alone read it. So why would we be aware of the interview where Gareth held his hands up (excusing the pun, although perhaps I should highlight it :whistle: ).

I can't believe SOME people have horses so high AND manage to get on them. :rolleyes:

Then people wonder why I don't post as much in this forum.

Nah you're just a sarky cow :P:whistle:

I've watched it about 50 times, and it's hard to see. If you watch the path of the ball, there is no obvious deflection but just the hint of a nudge before his head gets to it.

But the notion that it was done deliberately is ludicrous.

If he hadn't have touched it, his head still would have gotten to the ball in time considering how slow it was going. It looks like he shot his hand out as it was obvious he'd need to fall to head the ball away.

Penalty 50/50, red card was bullshit.

Redcard was justifiable if it was a penalty. McAuley supposedly handballed it on the line, therefore stopping a clear goal. He had to go I'm afraid.

You could imagine it was a penalty right from the moment it was given by the general lack of reaction.

:yesyes:

Then again, the squad has supposedly been told to keep their cool with the officials. So that could have been a part of it. Hard to believe they'd have kept their cool if the wrong decision was made, though. lol

:yesyes:

Then again, the squad has supposedly been told to keep their cool with the officials. So that could have been a part of it. Hard to believe they'd have kept their cool if the wrong decision was made, though. lol

Good points. But like you say, if it wasn't a handball I think we could have seen a fair few bookings as well as the McAuley red card, and you can guarantee the coaching staff wouldn't have been happy on the bench :whistle: No appeal, no protests, conclusive pictures and a confirmation of the ban all mean he did it, and so we should stop arguing about/against it :P

Good points. But like you say, if it wasn't a handball I think we could have seen a fair few bookings as well as the McAuley red card, and you can guarantee the coaching staff wouldn't have been happy on the bench :whistle: No appeal, no protests, conclusive pictures and a confirmation of the ban all mean he did it, and so we should stop arguing about/against it :P

:angry: There's always one person trying to stop the discussion.

Let's just talk 'bout McAuley and how vital he is to our club's future. :yesyes:

Let's not be so negative all the time.

Let's discuss some of the bright stars of our squad for a change. ;)

i'd be happy to do so, but I may as well encourage the negative crap before someone else helps flood it all in :P i remember the days when we got excited about signing rubbish like Fenton, purely because times were better and that players had to be good for us to want them

Let's not be so negative all the time.

Let's discuss some of the bright stars of our squad for a change. ;)

Well OK then seeing as I'm not the party-pooper of the FoxesTalk bunch, I say we have a positive chat about the thing you just suggested.

But where to start, Huuuuuuuuume, McAuley or Mattock :o

Nah you're just a sarky cow :P:whistle:

I cannae deny it!

Some of us might even struggle to do that with an arm in pot. :ph34r:

It's out of pot now; severe soft tissue damage now. :rolleyes: Off to see a physio later.

Archived